Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www4.desales.edu/~bb02/TEST/club

The site is not completely done yet. There are various links which need to be completed. Anyways, my question is how much should i charge the owner of the 3 gyms - I have not come up with a price yet for him. Also, do you like t
    he design and layout - anythign that should be changed? (I know there is no style sheet....) Thanks in advance for your comments. (my main concern is the price to charge)

Member #
    The popular answer seems to be "Whatever you can get away with charging..."

You should probably use a sans-serif font for most of the text on the pages. Serif based is basicly too hard to read on computer monitors, they should ideally be reserved for use on larger scale graphics etc. verdana, arial, helvetica, futura etc; take your pick. It can also give the impression of an amateurish site when left default. The only serif font I'd really consider is 'Georgia'.

Use the <a href="mailto:"...></a> at the risk of sending SPAM somebody's way; hiding an email in a small javascript is a quick and easy method.

Don't use the underline feature, its only meant for a way of giving emphasis on a typewriter or when writing freehand, or perhaps web-links. One method such as bold is enough.

There are other things, but they're the main ones; hope this is useful.

Member #
    I'm not a huge fan of the dark gray background, a lighter gray may look nicer.

Also, on the Fitness and Nutrition page you have the headline centered over the picture and the text. This looks akward, because it's the only text in that margin. I'd put all of your content in one table cell, and the pictures in another cell.

Member #
    yeah the first turn off was the times new roman font.
    a pretty cool feature might be a webcam
    perhaps the owner can stick a cam somewhere and have
    it show off his facility? eh maybe not...just an idea

Member #
    Thank you for the comments thus far. I have changed the background to a lighter gray and i did not like it. I think I am going to leave it how it is unless you think another color might look nice. I have tried a gold background but it's too harsh on the eyes. Also, i will be changing the fonts to arial and centering the FItness and Nutrition header above the text and putting the image in it's own cell. Any other suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't like the border around the site, make it 1-2px not more. The buttons are very BIG, and they don't look really nice. The " Welcome to Gold's Gym of Lehigh Valley. . ." font isn't good too, change it. I'll wait for updates .

Member #
    I agree that your border is way too thick. You could make the page background either white, or almost white, like #E1E1E1. Also, the gym locations at the bottom of the homepage are gray for no reason. I think black would be better.

Member #
    Thanks so much guys. I have updated the site. Change the background color. Font faces, etc. Added some more content also. Let me know what you think. Thanks !! Keep the comments coming

Member #
    *A CSS link rollover for your normal text links ?
    *Remove the underline from page headings ?
    *The copyright statement is still in Times/Times New Roman.

*The bright red/yellow 'NEW' sign looks really cheesey, it belongs on a corner shop or a newsagent but not a potentialy very decent site.

Member #
    Underlined headtitles are no longer underlined. Fixed fonts. Changed border thickness. Added CSS for links. Changed link size.

TRICO: should i get rid of that new image all together or should i make a less flashy one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads