Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This site is geared towards Sr. level IT decision makers -- CIO, CISO, etc. it is a business to business site...we compete with companies like Symantec.

The site is not too out-there because it is a security company, and not a cool consumer related product.

I'm planning on changing the home page to include a small flash piece to replace existing graphic of people and "mission statement"

I'm looking for honest feedback...Thanks so much!!

http://www.pedestalsoftware.com

Lynn

Member #
    It's very nice. Easy to navigate, and clean.
    I can't say I like the burnt orange color, but that's just personal preference.

Well done!

Member #
    The quote at the top looks really bad because it's an image. Make that regular text and it will look much better. Some of the navigation buttons don't look too clear either.

The drop shadow under the text is too heavy IMO.

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback!

Which nav buttons do you think look unclear..the top nave or left nav?

Thanks again!

Member #
    Looks well done. I agree with the quote looking misplaced.
    Just curious: how long did it take you to design the site - and what, if anything, did you use to aid you in the process.

Member #
    Attractive site, nice, clean look. But you know it's a nice site, so I won't dwell on that and go straight to the negatives. It appears that you used 4 different blue colors on the homepage, which seems like a strange decision. What were you going for with the square grids beside the learn more and download trial buttons. The movement is so subtle that it's barely worth it. And why are there 4 of them in a row? It seems like they don't serve any purpose.
    The text for the company spotlight is an image, while all the other cells are text. Also a strange decision. As a general comment about the homepage, there are many equivalent cells of text, not really split into a hierarchy too much, and there's so much text it becomes a little busy, maybe mix up the looks of some of those cells.
    Those are areas that I see could be changed, but in general an attractive site.

Member #
    Hey bigfish...I can tell you really took the time to check the site out and I really appreciate your comments!

The site was originally designed to be search engine optimized...hence all text vs. graphic text images on the homepage. Really not my preference, but the execs at my company are very concerned about SE ranking.

As for the moving grids...i was trying to call attention to those options, but I think you are right about it being too subtle.

I'm in the process of redesigning the home page to include a flash piece that will replace the "people image" and the large block of text to the right of it. Some of that text will move lower to keep it for the search engines.

Once I have something to show, I'd love to get some more opinions, advice!
    Thanks

Member #
    You have done a very good job. I love the simplicity of it. I am a very graphical designer :P.

The color used for "Adaptive System Security Policy Management" isn't that appealing.

Are the links in the drop-down menus supposed to work? I am using Mozilla and can't get it to load.
    Arunan S.
    CEO/President
    ServerLines, LLC.

Member #
    The navigation rollover effects take about a second to work...not good.....
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Remove Ads