Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://test.vicharan.org/NewSite/

What do you think? It's for a national youth convention for a religious organization.

Screenshot below:

But you have to go there to see it

Member #
    I like the graphics. The FAQ button doesn't show up for me though, in IE or Mozilla.

Also, instead of putting three boxes across the top and all of your text below it, i'd try to find a more interesting way to ingtegrate the text with the other elements.

Member #
    Georgia may be a better font to use in terms of matching in with the theme/style of the site. If you do stick with a sans-serif font, consider using 'Verdana' it was designed for screen reading and looks more rounder, easier on the eyes.

Change the link colours to match the swatch you've used in the layout, or at least contrast and go well togeather.

If you know how to kern letters in whatever graphics package you use, move the i closer to the v and try and create a little more space generaly between the letters in the title so they don't run into each other.

Every time a new page is loaded the footer shifts to another vertical position, its slightly disorientating/confusing - Could it be set to a fixed position ?

The body text is almost flat against the outter blackness of my monitor; how about creating some sort of padding/margin to push everything across ?

The navigation buttons look like they belong to a windows XP theme, they look a bit out of place here.

A button for 'home' would be more intuitive than having to click on the banner to return to the main page.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know, but there is plenty for you to think about atm.

Member #
    The FAQ button doesn't show up for me though, in IE or Mozilla.
    That's odd - it works for me in FireFox, IE, and Opera.

Also, instead of putting three boxes across the top and all of your text below it, i'd try to find a more interesting way to ingtegrate the text with the other elements.
    Any suggestions for what I can do with this?

Georgia may be a better font to use in terms of matching in with the theme/style of the site. If you do stick with a sans-serif font, consider using 'Verdana' it was designed for screen reading and looks more rounder, easier on the eyes.
    Good suggestion. Done.

Change the link colours to match the swatch you've used in the layout, or at least contrast and go well togeather.
    I changed link to the blue color. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you know how to kern letters in whatever graphics package you use, move the i closer to the v and try and create a little more space generaly between the letters in the title so they don't run into each other.
    Done.

Every time a new page is loaded the footer shifts to another vertical position, its slightly disorientating/confusing - Could it be set to a fixed position ?
    It's done using tables - not CSS so any ideas on how to do this?

The body text is almost flat against the outter blackness of my monitor; how about creating some sort of padding/margin to push everything across?
    Can you elaborate on this?

A button for 'home' would be more intuitive than having to click on the banner to return to the main page.
    Yeah I have gotten this suggestion a lot. I agree but it's too much work to integrate it now. Any easy idea of where to put it?

--------------

Also, I saw the Convention Info page in Firefox but the box on the right didn't show up properly. The arrow was on one line and the text was on the second line. I can increase the width but why does it not show up properly on only that browser?

--------------

Again in Firefox, the FAQ page has an extra line break after the numbering starts. Any ideas why?

Member #
    Can you elaborate on this?
    I just mean some white space between the edge of your monitor and the main page text, having plenty of space around writing makes it much eaier to read and improves the general appearence of pages. The same could be said for space top/bottom of written content.

(See attached image)

I'm really not sure what you can do about the home button, if your not wanting to edit the nav bars...

It's done using tables - not CSS so any ideas on how to do this?
    My table skills are rusted and left behind; wouldn't it work by having a set height in pixels for your inner content cells ? so they're consistent from page to page
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    It's a nice design, well designed and simply implemented!

I would, however, like to suggest the following things:
    • You need a home link. It shouldn't be too hard to implement one on your bottom navigation, if you can't put one simply anywhere else.
    • Get your site centred! The navigation at the bottom looks so out of place hanging to the left of my screen on 1024 x 768 resolution. The site would look ten times better if you centered the whole design.
    • I think having a line spacing setup of around 120% would space out your content a little better, it seems to work on most sites with Georgia as content text.
    Hopefully these tips have been of use 4/5 for your design overall, well done!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I just mean some white space between the edge of your monitor and the main page text, having plenty of space around writing makes it much eaier to read and improves the general appearence of pages. The same could be said for space top/bottom of written content.
    I added a 1% margin. Any more and the text not aligning with the picture made it seem off. Do you think this is enough?

You need a home link. It shouldn't be too hard to implement one on your bottom navigation, if you can't put one simply anywhere else.
    I'll add one in at the bottom - that shouldn't be so hard. It's just changing it everywhere that will be hard haha

Get your site centred! The navigation at the bottom looks so out of place hanging to the left of my screen on 1024 x 768 resolution. The site would look ten times better if you centered the whole design.
    Working on this with you in another thread haha

I think having a line spacing setup of around 120% would space out your content a little better, it seems to work on most sites with Georgia as content text.
    Good suggestion, done.

Member #
    Getting the site centered and the footer aligning to the bottom is a bigger task than I had imagined.

If anyone can help, can you please see if you can post here: http://www.webdesignforums.net/showt...&postid=123383

Thanks!

Member #
    I added a 1% margin. Any more and the text not aligning with the picture made it seem off. Do you think this is enough?
    Adding plenty of white space really does make a big difference. If you must try and re-align any images relative to the text.

Member #
    Adding plenty of white space really does make a big difference. If you must try and re-align any images relative to the text.
    I'm working on getting it centered - that should solve the white space issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads