Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I think it's awesome and am glad people set this place up. I am looking forward to sharing and learning many new things on here. :classic:

Well, I am a web designer and would like you all to check my updated site out if you have the time. That is some of my first FLASH work. (I recently finished learning basic FLASH by reading "FLASH MX: Hands on Training".) Anyways, I am now in the process of making a full FLASH site using FLASH MX /w Action Scripting and Digital Video implementation.

I am interested in positive professional feedback on my website and any recommendations and interesting/cool ideas you all may have.

Three things to keep in mind; I understand that I did not use a css.asp template file for the site. :cross-eyed: And also, I need to implement load screens for the top FLASH and the small video window FLASH. And also, I made the FLASH video quality pretty poor so that 56k dial-up users can load the site up pretty quickly (tested @ 15 second load-time). :classic:

URL: http://www.reformlogic.com

Thank you for taking the time to look it over and any ideas you may have.

Kind Regards,

Member #
    [1] Your navigation bar is a bit messy, on Internet Explorer 6.0 on a 1024x768 resolution. Some fonts are bigger and some fonts are larger. I suggest you make them all font size 12 or 10, which ever looks best. Right now it looks as if you have a mix of the two.

[2] The blue in the 'Reform' in your flash banner dosnt fit well with your site, I suggest you make it a different color, grey, or one of the shades of color you have in your logo in the top left.

3/5 as of now. Theres something else but I cant put my finger on it. Ill let you know if I do.

Member #
    @Zero: It's great to have another designer look at the site. I fixed 1 and 2. (You were right, the bright blue just did not go.)

Thanks for your feedback!

Member #
    For a flash site....it's not very good.....as a normal site.....it is rather good.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Fisrt of all Hi..the TV idea was very good but the site doesn't look like a flash site. You have to make al of it with flash

Member #
    Basically saying what I said!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    @will7 and ironhacker: It's a regular html coded site with just a little (of my first) FLASH work embeded into it (so it's not intended to be a 'FLASH' site). Making sure to keep the FLASH files as small as possible so even 56k users could see the site.

But the full FLASH site that I am working on is going to be for broad-band users. I will keep this one probably for low-band users and eventualy change the top and TV FLASH to something better.

Thank you both for the compliments!

Member #
    The navigation bar looks a bit cluttered, you could remove all the [Square] brackets to free up some space, would make them easier to view/read.

Could the flash movie be made to fit the proportions of the box its contained in ? - A square in a rectangle like that doesn't go; A rectangluar landscape view on the other hand is in generaly more pleasing to the eye.

You could easily fit an additional 50-60 pixels of space onto the width of the surrounding grey content area.

Try can create some sort of consistency with font sizes. If you specify the navigation links in terms of pixels then they won't be forced to resize when people (Ctrl+Mouse Wheel) - As atm they wrap onto the next line and look ugly. The body font size is too small to read comforatbly, increase it ?

How about injecting some more colour into the site, simple things like using company colours on link styles all help.

Love the mascot; but it doesn't look professional, maybe side-line it to some form of sub-navigation or perhaps mention it within the content in the site rather than a direct menu link to it.

You have to navigation links side by side that lead to the same forum ? - Maybe you could mention whats to be found there on your main page and drop the other link.

*I think having the best of both worlds, Flash/normal html would work to your advantage.
    *A small amount of inner padding around text would help.
    *The bevel on your main title looks a bit cheesey, solid well formed readable text would look nicer and give a better impression.

On another note, I've also been reading the same book for Flash MX'04; its been pushed a side for a while but I intend to pick up on it again soon. How are you finding it ?

Member #
    @Trico: Thanks for the helpfull ideas and changes. I will work on them.

In regards to the "Hands on Training (HOT)" book: I read the whole 800+ pages. I hate reading books but this one was great. Every chapter covered specific topics in a clear step by step fashion. And the CD that came with it was cool; it has many samples to work with to go with most chapters and then some chapters have video files that you can watch if you need a better understanding on a certain subject. The book even covers some basics on Action Scripting. I highly recommend the book to anyone wishing to learn FLASH MX.

Remove Ads