Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Site Critique

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Member #
    Thread split and moved to appropriate forum.

Member #

Member #
    Well, your content looks nice and clean, your bracelet images fit in there niceley, of course I like the layout, its great, but maybe for when you change it, just change the colors, and possibly the rollover effects? Its not bad since you re-made it though. Your font is nice.. nothing else can really be changed as of now, let me know when you switch it up a bit though.

[edit] Your 'content' pages do not have the left navigation bar, and your body is farther away from your 'header' navigation. You could also use a logo or banner of some sort.

Member #

Member #
    I would prefer it if the images, for example on the bracelets page, had feathered edges. It makes them blend into the background and look more professional. My opinion though!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nice and clean, as others have said...

My first impression, as the page loaded, was that the grey colour at the edges was rather 'cool' for the subject matter. I think someone else mentioned changing the colours in an earlier post.

I just feel that you need to make visitors a bit 'warmer' if they're going to feel good about purchasing some of those admittedly lovely bracelets.

Just an opinion -- I've already blown my bracelet allowance this month. (Someone stole my bike). :cry:

SaraB
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #

Member #
    Drop down Menus - Drop down menus are great looking and a good way to save space, but they also have a tendency to hind navigation. (I wish this usability issue wasn't true)

In the case of your site it gets even worse. I would suggest creating an alternative side navigation for the different main areas of your site. That way visitors can see all the area has to offer without having to continuously activate the dropdown menu for more choices.

Also clicking on the main links should take people to a page associated with the topic. Instead your links are null and only allow people to view more links.

Making these changes will not only make things easy for people to find, but it will greatly enhance your search engine visibility.

If you are interested in learning more I have put together a few design, navigation and search tips on my site.

Member #

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads