Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

OK IM FINISHED WITH THE SITE.
    I would like some final thoughts and feedback. I could probably fix some small mistakes i made or some small things you guys dont like. But this is basically the finished product.

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~tdicicco9988/bobson/
    If the rollovers or anything isnt working the way u think it should, just refresh the page, because wideopenwest hosting sucks.

Member #
    I don't know if your using a preloader for the menu items, but they still react very slow; maybe because of the temp hosting ?

The cream gaps either side of the main header don't look right. If you replaced the top strip of wood with plain the background colour; and stretched the 'Bobson Construction' sign to match the width of the layout it would probably look better.

Changing the rollover state of your text links to orange/red would fit in more with the colour swatch used on the rest of the site.

Still not a fan of the font used for the menu links, nor the third link in that requires wrapping onto another line. A one word title of 'Estimates' would fit alongside the rest.

There's my final feedback for you.

Member #
    Thanks, i am probably going to do something about the title. That is the first thing i did on the site and i didnt really know what the rest of the site would look like. I will make the whole top part wooden and stretch the title some. The links would just take to long to redo and he likes them how they are. The client wanted the "free" to be in there for a reason. Yeah it is just the temp hosting that is messing with the rollovers.

Member #
    There, i updated the title of the page. I think it looks better.

Member #
    I'm not wild about the background color used in the middle. I don't think it fits in well with the wood grain at the top and bottom of the site. Also, the contact information at the bottom is akwardly aligned. Because you're using unordered lists, it's indenting your text. I'd get rid of the lists, they're doing more harm then good in the presentation of that information.

Member #
    Ok, i edited and took the lists out. I just put it in a table. I dont know if you like this better or worse?

About the color of the middle. My client wanted a really light color and im not sure what other color would look good there

Remove Ads