Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi all

I've just registered to Web Design Forums, and guys, this seems to be a nice place to be around. Here is my website. Would be great if you take a look and tell me what you think. There is not a lot online right now since it has not been online for long and I didnt have time to really work on it because I've been working a lot thses last weeks.

So there it goes, happy to be part of these great forums !

Member #
    very nicly done.

only one suggestion: the scrollbar doesnt really go with the rest of the site, use a dhtml scroller instead to avoid it

other than that, very original and well thought out design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hmm would like to but I actually have no idea on how to do it ... Can anyone give me a cue or something ?

Member #
    Get rid of the counter at the bottom. But i like the site. Very nice

PEace :beard:

Member #
    Very nice. I really like the rollovers. Just a few details though. Is there a link back to the main/news page? I think there should be. And on the "the man" page, "nickname:" is a bit far away from the actual nickname, "age:" is a bit far... and so forth. Also I'd suggest you make the are with the content a bit bigger, or maybe just move it up a bit. And, yeah, get rid of the counter :classic: , it messes up the feel, which besides that is very, very nice. Good work.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I totally agree with the counter but there doesn't seem to be any free counter out there that offer you the choice to show or not the counter. But I just found some free hosting on a private server so maybe he can provide me one.

Agree also on your point about my infos. I'll fix that.

Thanks for comment pal !

Member #
    counter/stats

Always a pleasure :classic:

If you would happen to have ASP and Access on the server where you put your site, I recommend http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/statcountex.asp which is a complete statistics application. It's free and provides more than just hitcounts.

If you don't have the possibility of having a database, but have ASP, there are several simple cutnpaste codes you can use. This is just one example http://www.takempis.com/counter.asp which registers hits (not unique visitors). To not show the counter just remove the response.write line.

You can of course find this kind of things just as easily with PHP. Just do a search on Google or something.

Weeeell... It's not like you asked for it, but there you have it! :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for answering !

I looked at it a little bit and it seems to be quite easy to install. It needs to because I don't know any thing about asp and php and these languages.

So I'll see with my host if I can use it, and if the answer is yes, than I'll probably install it during the day.

I would just like to know how can I see the results and the statistics with this counter ?

Thanks again !

Member #
    Oi!

If you meant http://www.takempis.com/counter.asp then it's real easy :classic:

This counter saves a file called aspcount.txt in the same folder as the file it's monitoring for hits. Say the page you want monitored is located at "http://www.host.com/user/index.asp" then just type "http://www.host.com/user/aspcount.txt" in the URL-field in your browser. That will simply show the textfile with the number of hits.

But as i noticed now you mentioned the words "statistics" which probably means you meant the other one (http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/statcountex.asp). That application consists of several .asp files. To check your stats just open the one called "reports.asp". Also, note that the file admin.asp can change some of the settings on the stats, so if you're planning to use this one make sure you somehow protect that particular file (password, or just upload it when you need to make changes and delete it when you're done).

If I've been fuzzy on anything, don't hesitate to ask again :classic:

(Edited the post to remove the "Automatically parse URLs option)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hmm seems to be alright ...

But I think I'll wait finally, and see with my futur new host

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads