Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Rate my layout

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ive got a new layout, made in mostly all CSS/HTML.
    Its just a layout at the moment, but I'm trying to perfect it before I add content.

http://www.operationfireworks.com/abc/index.htm

Design/coding suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

BTW - May 1st because thats the date I plan to open it with all of the content up.

Member #
    Oops, accidently quoted instead of edited, sorry.

Member #
    Hey 0, ltnt!

I like the layout - very easy to use Especially the navigation - very clean and low on graphics. There are only two things I'm not so sure about.

The Header
    If I hadn't already used fireworks, I might think the site was a cross between blair witch and an operation to launch fireworks in some wood somewhere - it's a little creepy and I'm not sure how relevant it is. Perhaps a screenshot of the program might be a good replacement? A cliche I know, but it would solve it. Alternatively, perhaps look for some stock photography (a good site is www.sxc.hu) of paintbrushes, canvases or something.

That brown
    Not too keen on - I can see how it fits with the header, but if you do try the above perhaps a blue, or even the 'fireworks yellow' may suit better.

Overall, a very nice layout, but perhaps a bit ambiguous as to what it actually is... hope that's not too harsh an outlook!

Ollie
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

Member #
    Hey, havnt talked to you in a long long time :-p

Hehe, yeah I understand. As I was looking through some other webpages, I saw two really nice colors in the header, so I decided to use them within the site. I do understand where you are coming from with the freaky type of look. Ill try and brighten the header up, with some white to match the body, and definetly some yellow, along with some tools within the toolbar would be a good idea. Thanks alot for the feedback.

Member #
    You're more than welcome - I noticed you posted this three days ago and noone had replied... just look whats happened to WDF since I left for a while.... it's falling apart around our knees....

j/k :P

Anyhoo, I like the look of the image in your signature if that's any help - I know it's a bit close to the 'real' fw logo, but I think it's preddy cool. Perhaps if you used that as a basis you might get some ideas.

Ollie
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

Remove Ads