Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've completed my first revision of Neath Design v3, appreciate ANY comments, errors, I've not had enough time to go through this yet thouroughly. It'll go live similar to how it is right now but a few minor changes.. I want to encorperate some cool flash stuff once I get to learning it better (like making the portfolio thumbs a mac OSX doc style zoom, and other little things)

http://www.neathdesign.com/

Some other usseless stuff: Portfolio is xml powered (http://www.neathdesign.com/portfolio.xml) I think it's pretty cool, don't have to mess around with useless database stuff or hard text files, just update the xml file, upload needed images and *poof* more portfolio
    Should all be XHTML compliant and CSS validates, I'm going to check every page, but if it's not there it's really close.
    Also the entire layout is tableless and accessible and usable to all browsers with CSS support or not.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I'm getting a 404 on that link... :|
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry, that was a problem I had for about 30sec Should be up now.

Member #
    Can't access either of the links (404 page).

Might be my lappy though, it's been behaving like a revolting teenager the last couple of days. (trying to have a life of its own)

EDIT:
    The two posts above magically appeared after I pressed 'send'. It works now :classic:
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Nice enough looking site.. I'd like to see the navigation rollovers appear quicker, they seem a little jerky and slow at the moment.

The design is nice and simple, but effective.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    You are obviously very competent in coding Brak. I do have some visual points though.

Designwise, I think that the 'Neath Design' "logo" sort of gets 'lost' up there. It has the same font and size as the rest of your nav bar and other text. Partly a problem of not having any distinct border/frames (literal visual frames, not the HTML ones) between you logo/navbar and the content, and the fact that they designwise flow together.

In my unschooled opinion, I think the top image needs to be downsized a bit as well.
    The business logo/image/navbar, should be a distinct separate unit above the rest of the page content. They're a bit dominant right now, and sort of flows into the following content.
    I would maybe consider making the background colour (the overly blue on each side of the content) less pronounced as well. Maybe tone that down, and increase the drop shadow a bit (like WDF :classic

Feel free to strongly disagree with me!
    S. Rosland

Member #
    I like your use of XML. I'm reading a crash course on it now, and I'm breathtaken by it's power. It replaces not only database entries for smaller volumes of content, but also Javascript through the use of the XSLT language (I didn't know that was a standalone language (in XML context anyway)).
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Great Looking Site Brak, I love everything about it. The header photos are great, impeccable code, all top notch.

Found a little typo in your portifolio section. The link to Warpsire.com is displayed as: http://www.warpspire.com.com/

That is ALL i could find wrong with your site. Nice job. 5/5
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Originally posted by maverick26
    Found a little typo in your portifolio section.
    now look who's doing typos! :cheeky:

love the site. the images are clean and appealing. i like how you change the banner on every page.

good job!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    mavrick> Thanks, fixed

Thanks for the comments,

justlivyalife> I do agree there, but I'm not quire sure how to achieve the effect I want with just images (I think I'm going to stay away from flash nav for now for various reasons)

Also thanks for the opinions there rosland, I can totally understand wher eyou come from, I did design the site for rather larger resolutions. On anything less than 1024 it can be really overwhelming, but that was kind of a personal choice I made. I think on anything above 1024x768 it looks supurb, but that's me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads