Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,
    I recently posted a message in this same topic about how you guys thought my site looked. Some people have contacted me regarding the spaces in between the left side of the navigation bar. If some of you could take a look at my source code and tell me what may be contributing to this problem, 5 turtle dollars is yours. I made the site in Dreamweaver and copied the HTML code into Geocities, but I don't know why this could be happening, thanks for your cooperation!

http://www.geocities.com/kmdmsn

--Kevin
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I think that i have found the solution. If there are spaces between the buttons on the left side of the nav bar, adjust your text size to "smaller". Tell me if that helps.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    That's not the problem. The problem is that your menu stretches when the content is too big. Try using embedded tables with valign="top" on your <td> elements to prevent that from happening. That way, if you have more content on one page, your site will still look ok.

Member #
    Alternatively:

Solution One
    Add another cell 'below' your navigation bar, and leave it's height blank, then set the cells with navigation buttons in to the height of the images. This way, as the text gets larger, only the bottom cell should expand, leaving the others intact.

Solution Two
    Merge all of the cells where the navigation cells are, and insert a second table inside the merged cell. Now place the buttons inside cells on this newly created table, and set the height of the table to the sum of all the button heights together. This is known as nested tables, if you want to take a look on google.

Let me know if these are unclear.... I'm not too great at explaining things sometimes.

Ollie
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

Member #
    OK, Thanks you guys. I am currently on a different computer but when I return to my personal one with all the website info and programs on it, I will post results.
    --Kevin

Member #
    I also have another question, (Yea, I know, I have no answers to anything), notice on the Home Page, the top of the entire nav is about 2 inches from the top of the entire page, now click on a different link in my nav, such as "contact", notice how it is nearer to the top now. Could this also be contributed to tables? I thank you all for your support through this time of "crisis" for me.
    --Kevin

Remove Ads