Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello.

I was just wishfully thinking about building an "anti-spyware keypad" for internet security against keystroke loggers, when you use a public computer to log-in to an important account, or if you may have adware, etc.

So I made a post in this forum....and "Transio" immediately replied with the basic code! So after some adjustments, I built this website:

"anti-spyware-keypad.com internet security site"

Some problems I am having are:
    • I can not find a code for a "copy to clipboard" button that automatically copies whatever is in the <input type="text"> field.
    • Better background images for the page.
    • Better background colors or images for the keypad to sort of make it look like a calculator or something. (I am still experimenting without much success.)
    As for the basic concept, I have gone to several "spyware" forums and asked for advice. Does this "anti-spyware keypad" work? So far, here is the outcome of this discussion:

1. It is "in theory" possible to make a "clipboard monitor." But currently, no such thing exists.

2. To foil that possiblity, I could modify the "erase clipboard" button---so that instead of copying "X" to the clipboard, it can copy a huge sequence of randomly generated "false passwords." (Any suggestions on the javascript code to do this would be welcome!)

3. Seldom however is there a problem even from "keystroke monitors" recording passwords. Obviously, most people just type in the password even at public computers. Therefore, this "anti-spyware keypad" is well above the current standard of security.

Thank you anyone for any comments---either about the "design" or about the "concept" of an online keypad for "conveniently" improving people's internet security.

Member #
    First of all, thanks for putting me in the credits .
    I explained you on the other post how to make the copy to clipboard function work. http://www.webdesignforums.net/showt...5&pagenumber=2
    Did you tried it?

Member #
    You don't really have to use a background image at all; sometimes they can be distracting or a hinderance to the reader. A solid colour often looks the most professional, you could try a lightly tinted colour to add abit of interst to the page.

You could use a real calculator/personal organizer as a reference to work by, a light grey would work well, or a gradient mimicing shadows/highlights similar to the buttons.

Can't really be much help on the technical side of things...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thanks for crediting me, too, but I'm really not trying to promote Synthelogic. If you wouldn't terribly mind, could you put either transio.com or bittime.com instead? Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That 'bittime' looks disturbingly like 'biteme' at first glance, transio...
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Remove Ads