Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello community,

I'm hoping to receive some feedback on a site I'm wrapping up for a graphic design friend of mine. I've used some flash on the homepage and I'm wondering how it loads on your browsers. Are the various category pages functioning correctly, are the images popping up ok. Any feedback would be so appreciated...Thanks!

http://www.samnicolosi.com

dregna

Member #
    Dregna

I have had a quick look at your sitr and it seems to function very well.

A few observations though :

- On the entry page I waited for quite a while thinking this was a splash page before I noticed I had to scroll down to see the links. You may want to lose some of the space at the top of the screen to ensure the links are visible (or possibly have the links at the top of the page)

- I'm personally not convinced about the black background. The logos (which have a white background) look very stark against the black. Also the text on the Bio page kind on blends into the background a bit too much for my liking.

That said - nice site though

Member #
    I don't know if you were going for this but to me it portrays a dark, mysterious, evil type feel to me.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Originally posted by benbun
    On the entry page I waited for quite a while thinking this was a splash page before I noticed I had to scroll down to see the links. You may want to lose some of the space at the top of the screen to ensure the links are visible (or possibly have the links at the top of the page)
    This also confused me for a few moments, I was waiting for a 'enter site' image to appear on your intro. I am on 1024 by 768 resolution.

Your black background doesn't really do it for me, though you have worked well with CSS hover effects for your images, but your site is positioned too low on the page, and your navigation should be at the top of the page, not the bottom.

The body text on your biography page is not contrasting enough with the background so it is rather hard to view, perhaps making the text white, or reversing the colour scheme entirely would help this effect.

I feel that you need some text on other areas of your website, as at the moment you just have a range of images. Though you are a graphic artist, some explanatory text is required to grasp the attention of the visitor. 4/5, nice website.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks for the input, I will definetely raise the site up. I just got a new monitor and I forgot to think of different resolutions. I tried the site with a white background and it just didn't work. I kind of thought content might be a problem, but we decided to steer clear of too much textual content since this is going to be more of a reference site for potential clients seeking graphics design work. Work in print like posters, campaigns, and brochures.

Thanks again so much for the feedback!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm so slow that I didn't realise I could scroll down the black home page to any links. In the real world, I'd have mouse-clicked and been gone if nothing showed up on my screen for 15 to 20 seconds.
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Remove Ads