Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Site

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

Please give your view and opinions on our new site:

http://213.130.158.145:81 (our in house ADSL connection so please be patient)

Username and password: wdf

Only the about us section is completed so far with the internet access section being worked on. Im not too happy with the internet access page ... somehow it just doesnt work very well .. can anyone make some suggestions?

Cheers,

Dan

Member #
    I like what you have so far, with a few exceptions:
    1. There's a lot of wasted white space at the top, and the whole site gets pushed down because of it.
    2. Your picture and overall design are very clean looking, and then you're logo is a rough scribble. They seem to contradict each other.
    3. The internet access page has too much blue in it. Changing the picture may make all the difference.

There's my two cents, nice work.

Banned
    Member #
    I see what you mean about the wasted white space .. I could do something with that white space.

I did the logo originally very cleanly ... but it was just lacking something (you may remember my post on here a while ago) it was too plain .. so i decided to go with the jagged one... which I suppose makes a nice contrast.

I've changed the internet access page and used a "gold" kinda of colour there now .. allthough i think im going to change the colour of hte internet access image as they dont seem to work.

Member #
    The support page doesn't have any on page navigation to take you anywhere, its sort of a dead end.

A bigger font size would be nice.

How about having a rollover colour on text links to distinguish which one you're actualy hovering on - Ie. On the 'Support' page it can be difficult to work out which email you intend to click.

Your copyright notice could be made in plain text, saves bandwidth and would probably have more clarity letting windows handle the anti-alising. (or any other OS...)

..."Your logo says alot about your company". Think twice about leaving it 'messy'; it doesn't fit in with the style of your site. It gives the impression that you couldn't be bothered to take the time to produce a decent quality one. - Which may result in people questioning the standard of your services.

Banned
    Member #
    The support page is just taking you to support.razorblue.com which has had the A record pointed to the main site IP for now until josh sorts out a helpdesk.

I agree with the rollover ... but that page will be gone (the temp homepage).

I have also put a new image on the internet access page which makes a big difference but im not sure what colour to use for the green bit ... should i change it or leave it green?

The logo isnt intended to be messy .. its more like trying to be more individual with a "different" logo It started off plain as just a squiggle but had no character .. you may remember a while ago i did a poll on here about it. Unfortunately that logo is now printed etc, so it's not something we can change.

Cheers,

Dan

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the site, it's simple. The logo is cool too. The links on the menu are too smooth and the > in http://213.130.158.145:81/bullet.gif is too slim. Bold it. Thar was about it.

Banned
    Member #
    I was thinking that myself about the arrow .. also it has a white border around it so it's not ideal. I'll have to redo that.

I'm a real navigation lover so I teld to make all my sites very easy to navigate around. There are so many sites out there that have outgrown their navigation system and that really ruins things.

Btw .. mods ... about that post in the hosting section .. sorry didnt realise it wasn't allowed. I've read the rules now and I promise i'll be good :-)

Dan

Member #
    Looks like he also ripped the image from tripixles. Look in the webpage contest, hes got the same image, unless they both ripped it from somewhere else.

Banned
    Member #
    lol ... the web designers little secret - istockphoto. I use it for nearly all of my design projects and I have to say its one of the best stock photo sites out there.

That image is at:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=98559

Member #
    oh alright.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads