Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok here's the draft:

http://wpwise.home.comcast.net

What do you think?

This is the current one:

www.captdonsplace.com

~matt

Member #
    MASSIVE improvement from the old one. A lot more fresh looking.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I like it. I'd put it on a lighter background though. Nice work.

Member #
    Lighter background is required, but if you make it span the entire browser window? Try to fill it with content. I like the design, 4/5.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    That's the thing - there isn't much content at all. I'll experiment with some lighter grays (I like the WDF background color).

Thanks for the input...I'm selling the completed site for $300.00 US. Do you think this is fair? Or should I of asked for more? What are some average 7 page custom web site prices made by amatuers? Since not much copy will go into this one I felt like I just needed a good design to carry it through...

~matt

Member #
    Wow! What an improvement from the first version. It looks much more professional.

Consider these thoughts:
    -You might want to add another set of site navigation links at the bottom (or somewhere else) in a non-flash format. It appears the site is not exclusively flash, so you might not want to exclude those users without flash. (Why can't they just upgade? :classic: )
    -Also, you might want to separate out the flash part at the top into a few jpgs, and a flash part for the animated navigation (to keep file size down and loading times up).
    -The copyright/credits section at the bottom of the page kind of seems to stick out like a sore thumb. Try moving over the URL info all the way to the bottom right, and possibly rewording the copyright info like '(c) Copyright Matthew C. Wise of AFD Web Design' and push it even more to the bottom left of the page.

As far as the price... I actually think you could've gotton more for the design, maybe even half again, provided you're going to finish the entire site, creating the rest of the pages for your client. But the site does look a lot better, and I think you're client should be pleased.

Good Luck!
    Normal is a setting on your washing machine.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Change the bottom and you've got a nice site

Cheers!
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    For the price I would probably charge between $500 and $800. It looks professional, is clean, easy to use, so this is a fair price. You are undercharging yourself at $300!
    Rednerve

Member #
    I find that in flash file sizes tend to be less (not sure how really!). I tried the jpeg thing using a picture for the header, but came up with about a 20% increase in file size with compression. Right now, the head is just under 30k in flash format.

I think I could've gotten more for what it is...but this will be my second published website so I need a base of customers before I start charging a lot. But I think for the next one I will charge ~$500 or so!

Thanks for all the replies! I'm gonna post again when it gets finished for review

~matt

Member #
    Well...I would charge that as it is a VERY fair price for a web site of that caliber.
    Rednerve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads