Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello, I just need some opinions about my website, what are its strong points and what is it lacking?

The address is http://www.hybridgaming.com

People that visit may see the grey box that contains the news, currently that is just an image file, is there any possible way to back it dynamic? for example if I add extra text I would like the box to increase in size to accomodate for the extra text?

Thanks

Member #
    I don't like the huge enter site image. It is barrier to break to enter through into your website, not only that, it is too large for my 1024*768 resolution, help the ones with 8*6!

Once in your site, it is a little too large for 1024 by 768 also, and in general, websites should normally be designed to fit an 800*600 resolution.

I would suggest to enlarge your font-size, and also to lighten up your colour scheme

What you need to do, regarding your question is to cut out the top and bottom, leaving a portion of the centre to repeat as a cell background, therefore allowing you to ad many lines of text.

Just a few tweaks required, 3/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback!

I tried that solution you told me about but I can't seem to get it to work, if I have three rows.. the top row for the top part of the image, the middle row for the centre part of the image and the bottom row for the bottom part of the image that'd work like a charm but I seem to get gaps in between my rows, is there are way to get rid of those gaps?

I can't seem to get it work as one whole cell though (background then insert an image of the top or bottom) because it gets all unaligned if I backspace to the previous line etc, would it be possible to use layers with dreamweaver? for the top and bottom parts of the image or does layers tend to get mucked up in other resolutions etc?

Member #
    You would do it as you said in the second paragraph, I meant to do it in one table with 3 cells, set the cell background of the centre cell as the middle part, which will repeat as long as you enter text into it
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Is there any possible way to abolish gaps between table rows?

For example on this page

http://www.hybridgaming.com/test.htm

Member #
    Add/change the following parameters in your code:
    Code:
    cellpading="0"

cellspacing="0"

border="0"
    Is this what you require?

Member #
    Yeah! thanks, I feel stupid now, but thanks for all your help, much appreciated

Remove Ads