Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: www.surrix.net

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well this is my first big production and site. While it may not be the best I would love to here everyones thoughts on it. I haven't "offically" released it into the wild so I'm looking for things to change before going big with trying to get people to come to it.

Site link: http://www.surrix.net

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Looks nice! Two things I'd do:
    Get rid of the jaggies in the S of the banner.
    I really like the B&W of it, might want to test variations with it by tainting the black parts with primary colors, might look nice.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Making the first navigation item the 'home' page is more intuitive than having it at the last spot. (people will often expect it to be first)

The pixel/bitmap font used within your main navigation isn't very legible and looks particularly bad on certain characters such as 'R, A, M'

Couldn't help notice "Done, but with errors on page." notice at the bottom of my browser.

The third horizontal bar down doesn't really seem to have much of a purpose.

Include some empty 'padding' around the text within your content boxes; don't allow the text to be touching the surrounding border. 12-15px should be enough.

A coloured link rollover would help distinguish which particular link you're hovering over.

Hope you find these points of some use.

Member #
    Nice work, I like it. Looks smooth and stylish.
    I like the theme of the site. Only thing I would try and do it add a little more colour to it. Black and white can at times become a little repeatitive. But even if you dont it is still impressive.

Oh an I almost forgot, the design is begging for some roll overs in my opinion. Visitors tend to like visual feedback when they do something online, which obviously is why you see it used on so many sites these days. I think it would finish your design of nicely.

Good work,
    Daniel Oliver.

Member #
    Your gonna want to strech those side columns on either sides. Bring the site to a more enclosed look. A more balanced look. Fill it up with more content, link banners (color is good sometimes). You seem to have good graphic skills, use them to your advantage.
    Look to the cookie Elaine....look to the cookie.

http://www.queuedtalent.com

Member #
    You may want to run a spell checker on the site.

My spelling is really bad so I always check mine :ermm:

Remove Ads