Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello, again.

Im getting so tired of this...

But anyway, heres my new site:

tekp.com

tell me what you think :thumbsup:

NOTE: Please could you tell me if there are any probs in your browser, and what browser it is...? thanks

IMPORTANT: Phew.... Ive fixed it, but it is still very weird in IE. Please only comment on it if you are using Mozilla Firefox, thats how its ment to look :thumbsup:
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    First and foremost - Your site froze Internet Explorer, both attempts froze the browser. My views after checking it in Firefox are:
    • Your title needs fixing, currently it reads: 'tekp...articles...introducing <div> the link'
    • tekp.com, the first real text I see, is in COMIC SANS!!!! Change it to follow the rest of the site.
    • I'm not too fond on the white background on your link rollovers.
    • Get some rollovers on your main top navigational bar.
    • You do not indent text on the computer (my IE teacher taught me that) Only indent on written works, paragraph spaces without indents on the computer.
    • Check your spelling and grammar throughout (the mitstakes are unforgivable :-P)

Keep trying
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    404 on odds, articles, and thanks.
    the drop shaddow is inconsistent page to page
    on the first page there is a drop shaddow on both sides, it bothers me (as it does here)
    the rest of the pages the shaddow is off to the right, and looks horrible, it's like a black box that gradients off to clear.
    Rembember, You're Unique
    Just Like Everybody Else

Member #
    Your tabbed navigation doesn't work either. The tabs don't change as you progress through the pages.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    header. to the right of "random: not one shred..." the header and the body of the site seem to mismatch by about 1 or 2 pixels.

~matt

Member #
    Nice. That is the best layout you've had. Displayed perfectly in I.E.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Very good. Have a few comments:

--> Your shadow graphics. They dont follow a lightpattern and are too large. i.e: decrease the width and put them on the sides of your page in reference to a light source. So if the "light" is coming from the upper right, you'll want shadows on the right and bottom sides.

--->Widths are a little off between title banner and 'main content' on the right side.

--->Change the tekp font from comic sans to the type Prologue is displayed under.

Other than that get your other pages up and keep up the good work.
    Look to the cookie Elaine....look to the cookie.

http://www.queuedtalent.com

Member #
    The layout looks distored/misaligned in Firefox, Opera and Netscape in some form or another... it looks relatively okay in IE.

I still think the square/block pixel-like font looks ugly, whatever layout its been used on so far.

There are a couple of grammar mistakes, typos etc...

I've seen so many layouts that use side shadows recently I'm actually tempted to modify an old site that uses that technique. - I don't think the shadows should contrast and stand out more than the content does, WDF seems to have a nice blance.

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok, I have updated my site considerably now:

Justlivyalife:
    • Your title needs fixing, currently it reads: 'tekp...articles...introducing <div> the link' DONE
    • tekp.com, the first real text I see, is in COMIC SANS!!!! Change it to follow the rest of the site. DONE
    • I'm not too fond on the white background on your link rollovers. DONE
    • Get some rollovers on your main top navigational bar. DONE
    • You do not indent text on the computer (my IE teacher taught me that) Only indent on written works, paragraph spaces without indents on the computer. DONE
    • Check your spelling and grammar throughout (the mitstakes are unforgivable :-P) DONE (hopefully)

Your tabbed navigation doesn't work either. The tabs don't change as you progress through the pages. DONE

Skotster:
    404 on odds, articles, and thanks.articles still not up yet
    the drop shaddow is inconsistent page to page
    on the first page there is a drop shaddow on both sides, it bothers me (as it does here)
    the rest of the pages the shaddow is off to the right, and looks horrible, it's like a black box that gradients off to clear.
    DONE - if you are saying what I think you are

mattwise:
    header. to the right of "random: not one shred..." the header and the body of the site seem to mismatch by about 1 or 2 pixels. DONE

will7:
    Thanks

palmer:
    --> Your shadow graphics. They dont follow a lightpattern and are too large. i.e: decrease the width and put them on the sides of your page in reference to a light source. So if the "light" is coming from the upper right, you'll want shadows on the right and bottom sides. DONE

--->Widths are a little off between title banner and 'main content' on the right side. DONE

--->Change the tekp font from comic sans to the type Prologue is displayed under. DONE

trico:

The layout looks distored/misaligned in Firefox, Opera and Netscape in some form or another... it looks relatively okay in IE. looks fine in my firefox, dunno whats going on there

I still think the square/block pixel-like font looks ugly, whatever layout its been used on so far. *shrugss* if i get any other comments like this ill reconsider

There are a couple of grammar mistakes, typos etc... DONE - hopefully

I've seen so many layouts that use side shadows recently I'm actually tempted to modify an old site that uses that technique. - I don't think the shadows should contrast and stand out more than the content does, WDF seems to have a nice blance. workng on it currently.......

-----------------

Phew, thanks everybody for your comments.

Now you can comment away with all the errors fixed
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    You can forget most of those browser issues, they seemed to be fixed; other than Nescape doesn't like displaying the shadow height relative to the content...

How about giving the text rollovers a stronger colour, or something that makes them stand out more ?

Think about using the 'em' unit to specify font sizes... ie 0.7em would probably be the equiverlent of the size you currently use for body text.

Let us know when you've finished updating, I still see comic-sans/misaligned header image.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads