Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Streetomania

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Our website has been online for about a month now.

Please let me know what you think, and keep in mind that it is not 100% finished yet.

The url is: www.streetomania.com

Thanks

Member #
    I like it, its neat, tidy and pictures load well. I am only viewing from IE6, but from here it looks good. 2 suggestion's

1) on the forum you separate annoucement and suggestions.
    2) you are a fashion site and have pictures, might be good to have a caption with what is good about what they are wearing, cos at the moment it looks like just random pictures of people

Thats all that needs changing

Member #
    The reason I didn't seperate the announcements / suggestions is because we haven't got that many yet. Maybe at a later stage when there are more, I'll seperate them.

As for your second suggestion, thats a really good idea.

Thanks

Member #
    that's a really nice site, i've not checked the code coz i'm lazy, but it looks great.

2 things I would consider doing:

1 - put a shadow down the sides of the content, like there is on this forum, it makes your content stand out, rather than sinking in which is how it looks to me.

2 - use some hover effect on your navigation, it doesnt matter what you choose to do, just do something.

Member #
    I didn't use a hover effect for the navigation because it is one whole image and I used maps. The reason for this is because I integrated the navigation bar at the top into the forum too. It was easier this way, as I haven't tried editing the header of the forum with an effect. I might try it out at a later stage though, I should be able to do it. It was just the easy solution to get the website up and running

Member #
    It's nice. However, I don't like the font used for headers. It looks like japanese! If you want something wacky then I quite Atmosphere, go to www.dafont.com and type in Atmosphere in the search bit - it's cool but readable.

The layout is nice, but I would also recommend you change the main font to something like Verdana or Trebuchet MS and make it smaller, in my opinion big fonts don't make for good reading.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    The main font is verdana

Member #
    OK well lower the size a bit then. It is way too big.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    The styles of the two fonts used for the main heading/navigation clash, as they're portraying two totaly different things. The script style is saying "elegance, sophistication and class"; whilst the other is saying "Urban, retro and simple"...

Change the default link state from blue to another colour; a darker shade of the fleshy pink, the same background purple or a bright pink ?

A description on your home page of what the size is about would be informative to the reader.

Including background textture of some sort would add interest to the pages and draw more attention to the content area.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Interesting concept - taking pictures on the streets of different societies? I like!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads