Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi all,

First new site is a craft directory for the uk

crafts

Please tell me what you think....

The next site is content a visually complete but my client hasn't given a email address for his booking for to goto so dont try sending anything for about a day or 4 lol

buzios holiday apartment

Thanks...

looking forward to your comments..

Member #
    The craft website looks nice, but it doesn't look like a craft website. When I think of arts & crafts, I think if brighter colors than white and gray. Also, the picture doesn't fit in w/ the site at all. That image has a corporate feel to it.

The retreat site is nice too. The header is too large IMO, on an 800x600 resolution w/ few toolbars, only the banner and navigation is visible w/o scrolling down. You could cut the header height in half and still acheive the same effect. Also, the white text at the very top is impossible to read on the light green background.

Member #
    Not bad, the first site could do with being more arty, and the navigation is slightly ugly IMO.

On the second site, you have mispelt 'where' numerous times, you have written 'were' instead .

3/5 overall
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    The back ground not green .... are you using TFT or LCD ....

and your 800 x 600 must be more like 400 x 300

Here a screen shot at 800 x 600...
    http://www.ukcraftwebsites.co.uk/800-600.jpg

ok....
    the craft site....
    must craft site look bad naff colourfull urrrr... why not have a corp craft portal ???

please carry on....
    i love a good discusion...
    thx

Member #
    thx i always do were instead of where...
    i should go back to school....
    lol

dyslexicia never helps.... never cheers...

Member #
    He said he could see nothing but the nav & image on 8*6, that is all you can see, no content whatsoever.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Your screenshot confirms exactly what I said. Only your header and nav are visible without scrolling down.

Is the corporate craft world your target audience? Crafts by definition are a fun, relaxing activity, so making a craft portal look corporate will turn off your visitors, IMO.

You associate colorful w/ bad, probably becase most craft sides you've seen are bright yellow and blue or some other ugly combination. If you can create an attractive craft portal, you'll be a step ahead of the rest. I'm just not sure corporate is the way to go w/ that.

Member #
    google didn't look like a search engine when it came out....

Member #
    Yes they did, they were a search engine and nothing more. Their approach was to deliver a search engine and only a search engine, no useless clutter that users didn't need on their homepage. PLUS, it didn't look like something else. You aren't reinventing the wheel here, only applying a design approach that I don't think is appropriate for your target audience..

What's your reason for going corporate? Do you think your arts & crafts audience will appreciate the dull look of white and gray? I think they'd be more impressed w/ a creative design than a corporate design.

Member #
    Thanks for your time....

going home for the w/e now...

have to have a continued discussion on the above...

thx guys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads