Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My very first web page i used a template but what does everyone think?? :cheeky:

Springfield Supplies

Member #
    Well get rid of the scolling bottom bar and that flashing test on the left hand site of the site.

Center the phone number in the upper bar.. make the phone number slightly smaller and bold.. and possibly centered.

Besides that it looks like an excellent marketing site.

Member #
    I would personally do something a bit different with the header. Maybe something graphical, but still basic as to not stick out too terribly much. I also think a smaller font would work better on the top single bar, maybe even without the gradient behind it.

I would also change the color for 'springfield stairs', as it looks almost 'too black' for the rest of the colors. and the blue (as in the navigation links) might be good a little more gray.

Just some ideas, I like it overall
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    I agree that the top of the page needs to be organized better. Something a little more graphical and better aligned. Also, if you want this business site to be taken even somewhat seriosuly, spend the whopping $8 and get a real domain name.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Not hard to tell this template came from Macromedia somehow.

Probably dreamweaver?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It looks nice enough for the type of site it is. Clean and presents the information well. But --

Run a spell-check occasionally. The very top line has 'merchant' misspelled.

And wouldn't that be an "Engineering & Agricultural Merchants Suppliers" ??
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Actually...it would be and, sarab. But close. Very close.

Anyway...my overall thoughts (besidse those that were already put in place):

I think you've got way too much info on your opening page. Once you see the various styles and all the information about them, the user is either going to call or go somewhere else, which basically makes your website a one-page infosite, even though you have other info on your site.

Having every subpage of your site pop up in a new window is really annoying and can cause problems with users' computers, particularly those that don't have a lot of RAM to begin with. I can understand if the user is leaving your site, but if it's a page on your site they're going to then make it open in the same window.

The "about us" has the exact same copy as the opening page. The opening page should have maybe a paragraph of the "about us" copy, which in turn is brought out on the "about us" page.

Lose the scroll bar Javascript. It doesn't really serve any useful purpose and it draws the eye away from the content, which you want people to look at.

Also, what's with that graphic on the bottom left?

I actually do like the layout overall (I like simple, clean stuff). You just need to work on the organization of your content.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Actually...it would be and, sarab. But close. Very close.
    you may be right, Game1264, but I think it should read:

"a branch of Springfield Supplies, an Engineering & Agricultural Merchants Suppliers"

So maybe the comma would help, too. :smoker:

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    If that were the case, so would the "s" on "Suppliers." :smoker:
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dunno -- my preference would be "Springfield Supplies, serving Engineering & Agricultural Merchants", since 'supplies' and 'supplier' in the same line is a bit OTT.
    Probably, the client wrote that bit though, so it'll be sacrosanct?
    :-p

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads