Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I put this together to promote songwriter, studio engineer and recording artist Doug Ploss. Would appreciate your comments!

www.dougploss.com

Thanks,
    Dyno

Member #
    I dont think I would use images for main content, only makes the website load slower. Why not change to text?

Member #
    Nice Design! I would do something about how the navigation looks. It's kind of plain. Love the photos on your site, very nice.

Member #
    I agree w/ Mimic, use text and not images for your main content. Some simple rollovers for your navigation would be nice too.

Member #
    It looks great.. I would personally use a smoother effect on the logo image though.. it is kindof rough.. I will be happy to help if you are not sure how to do it.

Of course, if you like it like that, then ignore me :P
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The site is too dark, and the logo isn't very good too. I fully agree with the guys about the images.

Member #
    I realize the logo could definitley use some work, I need to get some better logo design tools. Can you reccommend anything? The homepage does have a bit of a dark and gritty feel to it but that is intentional and part of the scheme. If you listen to the MP3 "Land of the Shadows", you will then see how this all fits together. We are after something a little more raw and in your face that sets this site apart from other Christian sites.

Thanks,
    dyno

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Background too dark. A darkish brown would look better than black IMO.
    It took forever to load via dial-up.
    The first thing that appeared was 'UG' (of Doug), then 'Fertile Ground' then 'Ascap' then the rest of the name, and the images (eventually).
    As I write, the 'Do' of Doug has still not appeared, so it reads 'UG PLOSS'.
    I'm using Netscape 7.1 by the way, which I know isn't much admired, but then I guess the ordinary folk who use it don't know any better, and will think the fault lies with the site. Or maybe it does?

Hope this helps.
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

jmf
    Member #
    I don't mind the dark background.
    I agree about the logo, though. It looks very 70's.
    And a lot of the little icons floating at the top are both unsightly and confusing. Confusing because ones like ASCAP suggest that this is an organization that he is a member of, however on another page there's one for Mackie, which is an equipment manufacturer. It makes me think that that one is an endorsement or an ad, neither one of which would be appropriate on this type of site. In the event that these are just here to demonstate the equipment he uses, I don't think the names would mean anything to non-musicians. For them, they will just be clutter.
    I would lose all the floating logos.
    Nix the ones that are not relevent and try to nicely group the oens that are, so that they're not just floating all over the place.
    I do like the overall look, though.
    I think it just needs a little tidying up.
    just my 2 cents.
    John

Member #
    Thank you John... I'm staying with black, red and yellow. We're going for the "Harley" look I guess. I want to do something way different than other sites in this genre.

Again, the music is hard, kick tail Christian country, not "church" music. The site needs to reflect that attitude. I'll think about tidying up those logos...had all that space up there in the header and those logos are a vital part of my music and studio business. I have contacted them all and asked for permission to use them, most of them were very happy to see them on my site.

About the logo...70's? maybe your right. But I liked the 70's! Hey, if someone is bored out there, design me a cool, new logo and I'll give you some CD's! and a link on my site! and aaaa.... map to some of the best trout fishing in Idaho!

Thanks,

dyno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads