Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I put this site up about 2 months ago, but no one at my company has said much at all about the site. I'm interested in some outside opinions. I'm a little too biased to make these calls.

www.realgreen.com

thanks

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    my first impression is it takes too long to load.. and whats the purpose of the flash headers?

Also there are layout issues in firefox.

Member #
    Yeah that is one of the things on the list of fixes...loaders for the flash. As far as the headers go my company wanted to have something animated and"flashy".

I know it's not cross browser compatible to. Thanks for the input.

Member #
    Not a bad design, it has some strong points. I'm not a fan of the flash header mainly because it doesn't fit in w/ the rest of the site. You whole site is green and white, and the flash header is a dark orange. The only other thing I'm not a fan of is the nav on the left. The words "Forms", "Updates" and "Forums" are large because they're important, but they are a light gray, which is hard to read on the white background.

Member #
    I really like the site in general, and the logo design up at the top. I keep thinking maybe more green near the top would be good.. like behind the logo.. a matching green header. You could (if you wanted) move the text in the orange box to the right of the top header.. that would let you make the orange box a bit shorter, while still having good animation.. I think it would make the orange box fit in better. Know what I mean?
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    On the links, the rollover effect is cool, but on the 'Downloads' and 'Services' links, the pop-up box that appears when rolled over, stays there even when you roll out. It gets really annoying, and so far, the only way to get rid of it is to go on a link that doesn't have one.

Is there any way you can fix this?
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I like a flash banners on all the pages. the homepage one doesnt fit in with the colour scheme though. The about page looks great! Maybe make the green a shade darker. How did you get the ripple effect on the news page? looks good mate.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It does some disconcerting 'resizing' and shifting while it's loading, then the banner image appears last (I'm on dial-up and it took a while to finish loading).
    The introductory sentence reads like nonsense. How can everything that your company does be easier for the customer? I realise you might not have composed the text yourself, but you did ask for comments...

Edit:
    Forgot to say that I think it's quite a nice design, but I found the green looked too stark against a white bkground. Maybe a light, complementary colour for bkgrd? :cross-eyed:
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    One thing I hate is when a page "builds" itself piecemeal. Add width and height attributes to your images so the layout doesn't change as the images load.

Member #
    Thanks for the input folks. I don't like the way the page comes together on a dial up either. I haven't had a chance to attack that issue yet. Someday when I get a chance to actually work on the site again I will have a better idea of what the users are seeing on their end. Thanks for all the comments. I belong to several other forums, but never get the response like I did here. I will definetly be spending more time here.

:thumbsup: sarab- No i didn't write the content. It is like pulling teeth to get anyone here to write for me. I guess I should go through and re-read the copy I have up. I basically spell checked it and posted. I get so busy here that I don't often get the chance to actually do much proofing. And again no one else here wants to do it either.

Although that is pretty common when it comes to web design don't you think? Everyone seems to want to have something that blows there competition out of the water. They just don't want to have to be part of the process.

Thanks again everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads