Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone, I recently finished this website and am looking for any suggestions what so ever.
    I'm not so sure what browswers or resolution it works best with. Are there any websites that will check this for me in one step? Also, I've started to think there are too many images, and possibly get rid of the frames all together.

http://hiatone.com

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    1. Get rid of the frames.
    2. I had no idea what your site was about until I started reading the text. It should instead be immediately apparent.
    3. The links on pages with dark blue backgrounds are black, not white (i.e., unreadable).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Well, since you asked for the horns of the bull, you're getting them.

I don't like this, and the primary reason I don't like this has absolutely nothing to do with the overall layout. The primary reason I don't like this has to do your business sense.

First of all, the Google Adwords do not, do not, do not belong. Would you rather make like 50 cents directing someone to a competitor through the Adwords, as your site does, or keep them as a $40 customer?

Second, you don't have an examples link. You mention examples, but do not provide a link, nor is there one in your menu. Oh wait...I just found it in the drop-down list box. Not very obvious. Put it in someone's face where they can see it.

Third, you don't publish a phone number, a name, or an address. How's anyone supposed to know who you are and what you're all about? It doesn't instill a level of trust in the consumer.

Okay...now the design-related stuff. Basically, the whole thing to me looks like a bunch of Photoshop random art samples that were kind of thrown together. There really isn't a sense of what the thing's all about. I don't necessarily have a problem with abstract patterns in a website, but things like the traffic light pic don't really do it for me.

Also, lose the PayPal ordering thing. Maybe it's just the pragmatist in me, but having PayPal payment on a website says "Bob's First E-Commerce Website". (I've got customers that ask for it too, and I warn them, but that's another story.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I agree 100% with the above comments. On top of that, the whole top left corner of your website confuses me. You have 3 different picture/logo type objects. What are they, what is their purpose, and which one is your official logo?

Member #
    Try www.danvine.com/iecapture for testing on different browsers:

Internet Explorer 6.0
    Internet Explorer 5.5
    Internet Explorer 5.01
    Internet Explorer 4.01
    Mozilla Firefox 0.8
    Opera 7.23

For browser size, there is a program called "BrowserSizer". might try looking for it on www.cnet.com

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    agree with TheGame and splufdaddy!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I smell Ctrl + N...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow! What's really surprised me about this thread is all the well-meant, helpful comment that's been offered (by some of my favourite commenters, too!) and no reply from the thread instigator.

I'll put it down to having been a holiday weekend (in the UK anyway).

I can't add much to what's already been written, except that the ready-made logos page kept resizing as it loaded, which does my head in...

And I never did find the examples mentioned on the index page.
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I thought the British had their holiday weekend in three weeks, since it's Queen Vickie's birthday.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for all of the Comments

Thanks to all of you for the comments. I guess the "dont' hold back" was key, it's the only way to find every single thing that's wrong with the site. I have just switched a lot of things around and I must have forgot to change some phrases like 'examples page' and so on. I've taken everything into consideration and it's looking much much better already. I'll post another message here when I've uploaded the changes.
    Again thank you everyone!

p.s. I think I smell *******

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads