Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    I just finished my new site that I have been working on for the past couple of months. I was wondering if you guys could take a look and let me know what you think.
    I wrote all the page using CSS and no tables and validated all.
    I hope that the site is easy to navigate, comes across as professional, and gets is objective across to visitors effectivley.
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks!

Site: http://www.hemisphere.net

Member #
    • Your logo is stretched horribly and looks very unprofessional, so that ruins your first point.
    • YOur use of Times New Roman bugs me somewhat, understand that as a general rule, sans-serif fonts, such as Trebuchet MS, Verdana and Arial are used on the web, as they are easier to read.
    • You have alos used another font, on your navigation bar. If you are going to use a font, whether the choice be good or bad, let the whole site be the same.
    • I hate to tell you, but while browsing using Mozilla Firefox 0.8, I cannot navigation your website at all using your main navigation bar. It is non-compatible.

Overall, 2/5, keep working and progressing .

I'm not meaning to sound rude or harsh in any of the above comments, just constructive (I hope) criticism.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Navigation is working for me.

Also yeah, it has been proven that the use of sans-serif fonts is MUCH more effective than serif fonts.

Transio posted something about this one time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with the guys. A start over will be nice.

Member #
    The navigation works fine for me in Internet Explorer, but in Mozilla, clicking on the links in the drop down menu does not result in the page changing.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Times/Times New Roman are awful to read on screen; I'd recommend either Verdana or Georgia. Verdana would be more in keeping with the corporate style of the site.

Use animation sparingly or for a particular purpose; they're distracting from the main written content. They also look extremely amateurish. Notably the spinning phone/'High Speed Internet Access'. I can live with the globe, but a static version would work just as well.

On larger screen resolutions/bigger monitors whole sentances can appear on a single line, this becomes harder to read. Find some sort of method of wrapping lines to a shorter distance

Under 'Web Services' the there're two different locations for the pair of W3C validation buttons, using consistent placement would be better.

Use other forms of e m p h a s i z i n g text/titles than using underline, we're using computers and not typewriters afterall. They also resemble links, and so will mis-lead visitors.

Using | to seperate footer links would look better than I...

The bright fully saturated luminous bar at the top isn't too nice to look at, this along with the poorly legible text and irritating animations gave me a mild head ache after 5 minutes or more of browsing around the site.

A simple CSS colour rollover on text links would create some basic aesthetic appeal to pages.

There is lots of room for improvement.

Member #
    It looks like this site was designed to be viewed at 800x600. The banner looks better at that size than anything else. You may want to throw the whole site in a table to contain it's size quickly, or read up on some CSS and some more advanced ways of containing your site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Deja vu...

I just commented on this one over in Site of the Month, so I won't bang on again. Agree with just about all the comments the others have made (as if I wouldn't!).
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Remove Ads