Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everyone. This is my first post on this site. I've been lurking for a couple of days and it looks like everyone here is really friendly and gives great advice.

Well here's my issue. I just designed my page in PS, sliced it in Fireworks, and put it together in Dreamweaver. Well it looks all fine and dandy but I need help w/ two areas. Next to my main logo on the top, there is now a gap since I entered text into another area. And the blue area on the right side doesn't extend all the way down. It only seems to be this way in Internet Explorer. IN FireFox it looks okay, except it doesn't stretch to fit the entire page horizontally. Please help me if you can. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I swear I've tried everything. Here's the link: http://www.danicus007.com/new/design...rks_broken.htm

Thanks, Dan.

Oh and the text that's in there is just some stuff I grabbed out of a document and pasted for testing. This website is just my own personal site. Also in my CSS file I have the left margin set to 5 px. why is it defaulting to 0? Is it because my main margins are set to 0 and taking over the CSS margin of 5 px?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It looks normal, but the text is a bit too small and it ends up bad...make a bg with 1px width to make it end until the end. 2.5/5

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    First off: Height: 100% won't work in firefox, I don't think, if that's what you are asking.

Also, make a set width the the content area, that is equal to that of the header.

One more thing, ditch the dashed lines.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhacker
    It looks normal, but the text is a bit too small and it ends up bad...make a bg with 1px width to make it end until the end. 2.5/5
    What browser are you using? Or maybe I should ask what resolution? I'm using 1024x768 on my pc. Haven't looked at it in 800x600.

In IE it doesn't fit together. I have a 1px bg image. That's why it does stretch across. The actual page is 757 pixels wide.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgosse
    First off: Height: 100% won't work in firefox, I don't think, if that's what you are asking.

Also, make a set width the the content area, that is equal to that of the header.

One more thing, ditch the dashed lines.
    Well I don't use FireFox but I did DL it so I could see the different and make sure my page looked okay on all browsers.

If you'll notice the header and the left image are two separate slices. Maybe I should just slice it as one big header.

Yeah I wasn't feeling the dashed lines either...just learning CSS right now :nervous:

Thanks for your advice.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Maybe you should.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgosse
    Maybe you should.
    I tried it out, but it didn't have nearly the functionality as Avant Browser so I can't justify the switch.

Anyone else have any ideas why I'm getting that huge gap at the top and how I can make the blue on the right stretch vertical?

Member #
    Well I figured out the height problem on my blue area, now I just need help with the gap in my top header. Thanks.

Remove Ads