Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey

It's been quite a quite a while since I last was here. But here I'm back again. The same o' 16 years old senior hight student.

I would like to have some constructive feedback about my personal/'portfolio' website. I'd also prefer if the feedback was about the actual layout; not about the content (unless it is like: how easy is it to find out what the site is about). This is no serious attempt of making anything professional so please don't be too harsh when giving critique.

Site info:
    - XHTML 1.0 compliance
    - Passes W3C CSS validator
    - Tested with:
    + Internet Explorer 6.0
    + Mozilla 1.6

Again, all the content and the website are just for me to learn these things (programming and webdesign). I'm also - as I said before - only 16 years old with no kind of education for this so don't be too harsh.

Heres the link:
    The Right Matter

Thank you:
    Teemu Puurunen

Member #
    It's not bad but I have a few suggestions that I think will improve it and make it look a whole lot better.

- A Banner of some sort, bigger and clearer then you already have to set the style of the site off to a good start, that's the first thing people will probably see so you want something to impress them from the word go.

- The menu is very hard to read, I would change the colour so it stands out a little more and is easier to use.

Other then that it's all pretty good but the above is certainly needed in my opinion especially the banner of some sort.

The site has a little potential and will look pretty good if you can include these ideas.

Hope this helps,
    Daniel.

Member #
    I think your logo is a bit too big, try making it smaller.

Member #
    I agree with the above. Took me a while to find the nav. Other than that looks cool.

Member #
    I think that on this particular site, a side navigation would be a lot better. My opinion.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Yeah, actually I agree with the part about placing my navigation bar to a side. It's just that I've been a bit suspicious about if it would look too tight then; but I've got to try it and see.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the colors, but I'm not a big fan of the header, I suggest you design it again. Overall nice work, 3/5

Member #
    Much improved with the side nav, and I suggest a change of logo/header.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    First off.. the header.. I like the background.. all of the fonts could use some changing though.

The navigation box is a little plan, maybe try having the same background (as the header) behind it? it would give it some color and help it stand out.. maybe more of a green for the links.

I would increase the side of the header text (introduction.. owner of this website.. etc.) so the sections are more clearly defined.

I would lighten up the box to the right..

And finally, a nice tiled background could look good if used properly.. just some ideas.
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Your footer, starting with the affiliate advert is centred to the content section. Centre it so that it sticks in the centre of the whole page
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads