Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just stopping by to hear what I can do to change this site around.. just got the basic layout up and working correctly. some content is up, so if you click a link and you get a small hold page message i am aware. Images and Graa-fixxxx are holding because i haven't got the pictures from my client. yet,, they do like to take their time dont they :devious:
    any help is good help. I have the page designed to work equaly well in res 8-6 and 1024, that was not fun.
    thanks again

Edit:
    Would help if i gave the address:
    Just a temp addy.
    http://fairway12.com/test/test.html

Member #
    The page doesn't go 100% for me with 1024 resolution. You don't need flash buttons to do that effect, a simple rollover designed in photoshop would have done the trick too. I think the blue colour is too bright and the yellow heading doesn't blend in very well, also it's a bit too big.
    The page just looks a bit too simple to me. Try using a nice colour scheme and also pay more attention to detail, because right now all you have is that big blue bit and the heading. (I'm not sure but I think the buttons were ready made? )

Also change the font to something more readable on the web like, Arial, Verdana or Trebushet Ms

Edit: Also, don't centre your text and use a different way to emphasize your titles.

For the "Room rates" page it would be better if you used a table to put the information in other than just pasting it in, and since you have the room write Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday instead of Mon, Tue, Wed.

Member #
    I agree with the menu and what that guy said ^

Try this darker color of blue and see how it looks #136C95

TEST COLOR

Or something like whats in the WDF header on the right

Member #
    All good points. The color scheme is hard on the eyes. Also take a look at the page in a larger resolution. At 1280x1024 your background image appears to be tiling again. I just checked out your sourcecode and it's got some major flaws. First of all you dont have an opening or closing <HTML> tag. You also seem to have thrown everything into a left aligned div for no reason.

The text could be formatted better, and the banner image is poor quality.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Didn't think the nav buttons suited the theme (and there's not enough contrast between button and text). The index page needs an image to get rid of that white space. And I'd ditch the serif text, which always looks a bit 'my home page' to me.
    Finally, you got 'restaurant' wrong on the nav button...
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    The site looks odd on 1024 by 768, at least let the blue background spread the whole page to fill the blank space on the left.

You need to fix your <title> tag, and also your image compression on the logo is too high. Your navigation doesn't really suit the theme, and your font should be sans-serif, such as Verdana or Arial for web usage. 2/5 so far, keep it up
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Ok new test screen shot. made a few changes to navigation, title and color. basic layout the same,
    just a picture mind you. so you wont get any 100% fits.
    www.fairway12.com/test_shot.jpg

Member #
    The quality is much better. A key part of a layout are images (IMO), which I know you're waiting on. I personally wouldn't start on a design until I have some images, because I base my designs around the image. Color scheme, element placement, so many factors depend on the photo I'm going to use. What if they photo they give you are photos taken at night? Dark photos wouldn't look too good against the light purple. The drop shadows as is look a bit amatuer-ish IMO, and the text "Fairway 12" at the top is hard to read because of the color/bg color combination.

Member #
    what kind of transition, between the title and nav, to the "content" window would be un-amatuer-ish. I do agree with you about designing around the photos. Most photos are going to be inside of the loungs,bar,rooms,pool, and such, most will be well lit, and probably taken in the day.
    also how do you put into your web page that the motel is more of an adult place.

Remove Ads