Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I usually can come up with a fully working design before I start needing advice, but this time I seem to be at a loss. This site will be for an advertising company, nothing too fancy needed, but everything I have come up with so far (based along this general design you will see) has not made me that happy. So any opinions are welcome as always!

Temporary link: http://www.templeofdagon.com/ma/

Maybe I need to take a break
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Take one or two days off It will work wonders! Also try reading some design books, they help too...

As for the design, it's quite plain but I think it can be improved, try working some more on the details where the header space is, use different kinds of elements like lines and squares and maybe a picture.

I don't like the way the width is 100% for this particular design, maybe you should try just designing it for 800 resolution and having it centered with a line or shadows running down the sides.

Member #
    A day or two off usually does help. If you're too close to a project you tend to look at it only one way. Spend a day looking at designed objects: magazine ads, billboards, store signs, tv graphics, etc. They all have design elements that can give you an idea for your website.

Also...ask the client! See if they have any ideas of what they want the site to look like, or any websites that like the particular look and feel of.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What you've got so far is terribly bland. I couldn't come up with any ideas at all until I read splufdaddy's post -- Then I thought: billboard. I don't know whether that theme has already been 'done' for advertising companies, but it's a thought anyway.
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    What you have so far is good quality design work, but as sarab said, rather bland. Get the footer to align to the bottom of the page, and introduce some images, and a little colour variety. As spluf said, ask the client!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Very good suggestions.. I will start looking at things closer I am always looking for inspiration, and I never really thought about things like that. I will come up with something and post back

DesignBox, you suggested some design books.. I had not thought of that either.. do you mean web specific books? Or design in general? Does anyone find that books on general (different types of media.. print.. etc..) is good to help your ideas?
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Aleister I mean design books in general. I bought two books last month and they are really cool with loads of printed examples from around the world and they weren't expensive either. Try searching for "The art of looking sideways" <-- an extremely large book! and "A smile in the mind" which is all about witty thinking.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Error 404 - Bad Request

return to the main page:
    Strange.

Member #
    Yes I moved it to the actual domain.. I have a new post now called 'changed it up a bit' where I posted screenshots of the new version (check my last posts)

Remove Ads