Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is a simple design for my personal / portfolio website. Can you just give me a few ideas on the basic design itself please. Check out the different stylesheets .

rfn - the webnet

Thanks
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    The left column looks a little too empty.. I might make the logo a little smaller, allowing it to be a bit thinner. The logo also has a very light green glow around it.. I would make it a dark gray maybe, and make it sharper. It makes it look a little fuzzy now.

I don't know about the green links. Maybe have them orange? It would go with your logo very well.

You definently need to add some color to the right column. Maybe use some of that blue or orange on header tags, or maybe some sort of colored divider between the entries.

And finally, maybe try a background that is still blue, but a little more gray ?

Edit: I do like it overall, I just sometimes mention a lot of things better than not mentioning anything at all eh?
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Cool idea. I like the style sheet options. I agree that the right side could use some color, that orange would look great as a headline color against the blue (not so much against the green though).

The logo could be made smaller, and could be a little more interesting. It's the only graphic on your page, so try to make it "wow" the visitor a little bit.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    I agree that the right side could use some color, that orange would look great as a headline color against the blue (not so much against the green though).

The logo could be made smaller, and could be a little more interesting. It's the only graphic on your page, so try to make it "wow" the visitor a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by aleister
    The left column looks a little too empty.. I might make the logo a little smaller, allowing it to be a bit thinner. The logo also has a very light green glow around it.. I would make it a dark gray maybe, and make it sharper. It makes it look a little fuzzy now.

I don't know about the green links. Maybe have them orange? It would go with your logo very well.

You definently need to add some color to the right column. Maybe use some of that blue or orange on header tags, or maybe some sort of colored divider between the entries.

And finally, maybe try a background that is still blue, but a little more gray ?

Edit: I do like it overall, I just sometimes mention a lot of things better than not mentioning anything at all eh?
    I've spruced the logo up as much as I can while still keeping as low a file-size as possible (6KB). I have also made the two logos a little smaller, to 100px high instead of the previous 160px. I've also removed the slight green glow and changed the outer-glow properties.

It is the only graphic on the home-page, but is this a good thing? There are personal CSS/xHTML validation buttons to go on there once I have validated the code correctly, and there will be thumbnails etc in the profile and portfolio pages at a minimum.

I have added an orange headline colour to the <h1> tags in the right column. It seems to suit both stylesheets, in my opinion at least . Can you suggest a different colour?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I like it and the idea that your site's can look just as good as others with minimum graphics.

I like the style sheet options as well to change the colour of the page adds a nice little feature to the site.

The design is clean, simple and effective. I agree with pretty much most of what is being said above. As you have no content at the moment there isnt much more to comment on. I look forward to seeing it when you have added your content to it.

Good work,
    Daniel.

Member #
    Thanks Dan.

The content is of course the next great step. Making use of Brak's XML Portfolio script (thanks Brak) I will be setting up the portfolio page, and adding a few tutorials and articles to get the site started.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's nice, but a bit too blue. Try making the 2 coulmns white, or the left one lighter blue and the right one white. Good work!

Member #
    I dunno, I think its okay as it is to be honest. I have provided a seperate stylesheet (green) to give the user control too.

Member #
    What about making the 2 outer columns a darker of the blue/green colors? I think that would look pretty cool

Member #
    I'd have to agree with Mimic on that one!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads