Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i dont know what it is, but the draft of the site im working on seems to be missing somthing. it just doesnt seem complete yet. well, im sure you all have something to say about my sketch so far. plz comment!

http://creativemods.com/css/pmp.htm

Member #
    It has potential. It is an interesting design. How will the content be organized? It looks like text will be in the left box, but what will the right side have ? Will the boxes be static? Or will they grow with more content? I would put some more content (random words if nothing else) to help visualize how it will look.

If that is supposed to be the canada leaf, it looks good, but if its just supposed to be a generic leaf, I would choose another one

Maybe you can incorporate it some other way, maybe behind everything, but much lighter. Not sure how it would look.. just an idea though. It definently needs something else though.
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    I agree w/ Aleister. Try to make this design look as final as possible. Add some "Lipsum" text to fill the content area, and put a picture in the right side or whatever else you were planning. It looks good so far, but what remains to be done could make or break this design.

Member #
    Definently. I should have the Lipsum text memorized by now
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    hmm... good advice. here is what i put together (lipsum, and pics added): http://creativemods.com/css/pmp2.htm

also, this is what the menu looks like for real (notice how orange and red is consitent): http://www.creativemods.com/css/test3.htm

well.. im pretty satisfied with it now. what do you all think of it now?

edit: oh, and yes the leaf is supposed to be for canada!

Member #
    Played around with the leaf a bit :P Maybe it doesn't look that great.. might give you some ideas though..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Very cool idea Aleister. The leaf is a little big as is, but the concept is cool. You may want to think of another solution for that right side, the bottom half looks empty.

One solution you could try, if the content on the left is going to vary in length: set the right table cell to have a background image, and choose a background image that's tall enough to withstand the height of your longest page. You can try multiple images, or you might be able to find one image that works well on all pages. The idea here is that if the right table cell has a background image, the left side will dictate the page length and the right side will be just as long, with a specified image showing for however long the page is. Just an idea.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's a bit... bare.

Without knowing what it's about and trying to achieve, it's difficult to comment.
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    @sarab: it is indeed bare. something must be missing... anyways, what i was told to do with the site is make it sorta canadian related, and tech related. its for a friend who is starting a modest lcd screen resale biz in canada. so i guess thats what its supposed to achieve.

@Aleister:wow. that is really nice, and you whipped it up in like 5 mins after my last post! where did you get that big canadian flag image? it really is nice and adds a whole new dimension to the site.

@splufdaddy: yes it is bare. i tried adding the light orange background to make it seem less bare, but that doesnt seem to be working. what sort of image? i tried a simple wide vertical light red bar down the right side, and that definitely does not work. what sort of picture would you suggest?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like Aleister's nice work! Try changing the font and making the leaf a bit smaller, other than that the idea is very good. Overall 4/5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads