Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys , its my first post and first decent site, just wondering margaREEDaville what you think about the design and layout of it all, its a personal site mostly for practice.

margaREEDaville

Member #
    The overall is nice, but see how it renders in Firefox 0.8, the navbar overlaps the header
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    ive noticed that as well , but not sure what to do about it , i think its because i was using frontpage at first and then i download html kit to do the rest. I think frontpage has soemthing to do with it.

Member #
    I've noticed a couple of things within your code that may be causing problems. First, there's a div, right after the body tag, with the id "top" that contains nothing and there's nothing in the css either.

Secondly, there's a lot of mixed measurements.

HTML Code:
    #header {
      height: 4em;
      padding: 0.25em 2.5mm 0 4mm;
    }
    General that's a bad idea to do that. (And it's spread throughout the CSS; this could be causing the problem...) I'd suggest picking which measurement type you'd like to use and then stick with it through the design. I also noticed that some of padding attributes just have numbers and no measurement type.

Those are just a couple of things I notced by skimming through you're code.

Member #
    Your name (after the intro thing) is gigantic!

I think the palm tree image does not fit very well. Maybe a real (as in photograph) palm tree ? or some leaves off to the side.. I might also make the header text (the site name) a little smaller, other than that, it looks good!
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It still seems to be loading more than 1 minute after I clicked the link. All the text etc seems to be there so I don't know what it is...

Firstly, I know that Netscape isn't a cutting edge browser, but lots of ordinary users have it. On my Netscape, your navbar sits on top of (partially obscures) your top banner. I tried changing the text zoom setting, and it shifted a bit, but the banner was never wholly unobscured.

And I realise it's a personal site, where the rules are different, but some of the grammatical whoopsies are unfortunate... (you ARE a college chap, right?)

My main impression was that it filled the screen too much. Leave a narrow column either side and it wouldn't look so overwhelming.

HTH (though it probably won't) :bandit:
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    yeah keep it coming . love the feedback , helping me find things to correct , one thing is i took the original design off of a template on oswd that was supposed to be strict and css 2.0 but im not sure about that.

One thing i know that i am having a problem with is that the font on the title is way too big but the font that i want to show up is not and thats why it is so big. I was trying to use a different font that is not installed on peoples machines obviously and i thought that if i hosted it in the same folder that it would work , but that hasnt happened , does anyone know how to link the font to the style sheet so that it will use the specific font that i have posted? thanks a ton already

Remove Ads