Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all, I'm once again looking for feedback etc on my site www.ainsleehooper.com . Any advice on how to improve it would be greatly appreciated. I've posted to another forum as I am wanting to make it so that uesrs can log on and upload information themselves. Any information greatly appreciated, thanks, Ainslee

Member #
    Rollovers on the links would be nice.

Get rid of the transition effect - I hate transition effects.

There should be navigation on every page so that you don't have to go back and forth all the time.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The image looks sweet, but I don't like all the shadows you've put everywhere, they just look unprofessional. I've attached a sample pic, if you like it you can use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Thanks!

HI all, thanks for the advice. Will put it to use. In regards to the shadows on my images, i thought if i didn't have the shadows it might look a bit flat and lacking being white and black? Thanks for the new logo! uploading it now!

Member #
    p.s.

If i were to use rollovers what would i do on them? thanks, Ainslee

Member #
    Maybe something as simple as having the color change.. nothing too fancy I don't think.

I like the site.. it's simple but nicely done.. I really like the logo image.
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    A friend of a friend drew the logo image for me. Prior to someone on this forum cleaning it up for me it was transposed onto a layer with my website title. I'm happy with the cleanliness of it now. Could you please elaborate a bit more on the color thing? thanks, Ainslee

Member #
    navigational links

Quote Originally Posted by will7
    Rollovers on the links would be nice.

Get rid of the transition effect - I hate transition effects.

There should be navigation on every page so that you don't have to go back and forth all the time.
    Hi, i got rid of the transitional effects. I agree they get on the nerves after awhile. I was wondering about the navigational stuff. On each page I have a navigational menu on the top right hand corner. Is this sufficient?

Member #
    After having a quick browse aroun, it's a nice plain website!

The navigational menu in the top right is a useful aid, but becuase it is not the same as the navigation on the home page, some web-users may be confused. Some explanatory text, such as 'Navigation:' next to the drop-down box may be a good idea . I couldn't find this navigation on 'Family Tree Stuff' however. Try to ensure you have a consistent, site-wide navigation that has links to every page in your website.

Try and ensure the same font is used throughout, there is one page, not sure which, where TNR is used.

Nice site, 4/5. Great logo, just needs user-accessibility up!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Which page is the one where I only have tnr on it? i'll change that asap. As for navigational links on the family tree stuff, the program I use to generate that html (i'm lazy when it comes to generating html for over 4000 files), doesn't allow for that. I think I might remove the navigational stuff from the other pages as it can't be on all and isn't very consistent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads