Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I started a new site tonight.. just to play around with mostly.. it is here: http://www.templeofdagon.com/ghost/index.htm

'A Chinese Ghost Story' is a movie just in case you were wondering. There are 3 parts. A lot of my sites are just random things I like, since it is much easier to make a site when theres a subject :P

Since I started it a couple of hours ago, and its now 4:30 am here, my eyes are too blurry to judge it hehe.. thoughts?
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Nice, but it took around 10 seconds to fully load on 512K Broadband .

I really like the design, I dig the two colour scheme, and theat image on the left is WOW! I think the nav links should perhaps rollover to white, rather than black, what do you think?

3/5 as it is, perhaps use something to fill the right of the site? It looks rater empty in 1024 by 768.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I changed it up a bit... better ?

Edit: I still indent to optimize the images a bit better
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    The only thing I'd do with that page is center it horizontally to minimize the whitespace effect. Other than that, go with it. That layout rocks. 5/5.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yeah, but on larger resolutions, there is still a huge gap on the right site, I wonder if you could get that imagew as the background? Though I guess the file-size would be a bit much...
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    The painting is by Dong QiChang of the Ming Dynasty in China (1555-1637). I am allready using the full size of it, so there is not much to play around with while keeping it intact (aside from spliting it down the middle hehe), and It would not look good tiled.

Take a look at this attachment. This is what I am currently trying to get to work. centered with a 100% height. It is giving me some problems since 100% height in all columns is being thrown off by the images in the sides, and the bamboo is the background of the body, so I cannot use the body bg for the repeating-y centered image.. if you know what I mean Any ideas ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I was able to get at least a closer result to what I originally wanted. I ditched the 100% height plan since it is not something CSS is always great at anyway.

Here is the new version: http://www.templeofdagon.com/ghost/index.htm

Member #
    Nice, but try and get the top & bottom gaps the same size .

Member #
    What do you mean exactly? The way theres no margin at the top of the page, but some on the bottom? It is intentional :P think it would look better with a top margin?

Member #
    No, I think it would look better without a bottom one .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads