Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i just redesigned my site, i tested it in a few browsers, but could someone test it on operating systems other than windows for me plz, i'd appreciate it.

+ any other problems you find

Member #
    The navigation buttons are a bit tall. Try making them about 20 - 30 px high.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I like them. They look funky. Besides, they're really easy for lazy and ignorant people to find. "Look for the big green rectangles." Not hard at all.

I like it better than your old site, billysielu. It's a better colour scheme and it's more organized. And I like the fact that it's graphically minimal while still looking visually appealing. The Oscar Wilde quote is pretty cool, too.

My criticisms of the site stem from the content itself.
    1. The Google Adwords. Lose them. For the extra buck you'll pick up if you're lucky as the result of a clickthrough, you'll end up losing a $500 or greater customer. That's not worth it to you.
    2. Your vernacular. Some of the phrases you use ("basic basing", for example) are repeatedly redundant and similarly alike.
    3. You need some commercial stuff in your portfolio if you want to sell your services to others. Although we all start out having no commercial sites in our portfolios, you gotta figure out some way to get one or two sites up and running so your foot's in the door.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I agree with everything TheGAME has to say, with the following additions:
    1. There is rather a lot of basic, very personal information in your 'about me' page. It just doesn't seem right if you are aiming to get clients.
    2. Nice use of a favicon!
    3. Above your navigation bar, have a 1px border, because when you rollover it looks a little odd, try it out . If not, how about going for a 'rounded' tab look?
    4. On your 'Portfolio' page, I know each paragraph is a hyperlink, and while squinting I can just about work out that it changes colour, but you need a definitive link to the pages you are listing.
    Overall it's a very nice, clean website. 4/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by justlivyalife
    On your 'Portfolio' page, I know each paragraph is a hyperlink, and while squinting I can just about work out that it changes colour, but you need a definitive link to the pages you are listing.
    Yes I thought the same, but I couldn't figure out a nice way to do it. Any suggestions ?

Member #
    Have it like so?
    Web Design Forums - www.webdesignforums.net
    I redesigned webdesignforums after... blah blah blah
    Just a thought
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    sorted it, thanks.

as to the google ads, i know they suck, but they make money for me, so i'm gonna keep them.

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    on the navigation I think you should have a differtn hover colour than the selected page colour.

So when you hover have, say #EEEEEE or something instead of #FFFFFF.

Otherwise it's looking now.
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's nice, I think that the header is too big if you're not going to put anything else on it, so now it looks very blank. I suggest you make the onmouse color of the nav lightgreen. And if you're gonna use google ads then make their color the same green as the text.

Member #
    1 - I played with navigation colour, and decided I liked it like that.

2 - Google ads are the same as the hover colour of my links, I want the ads to be clicked rather than just matching the text.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads