Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am new here if you hadn't already figured!

I have two websites I have just made. I am working on perfecting my technique and design at the moment.

These websites are far from perfect or complete, but I wondered if you had and views on how the could/should/MUST be improved.

Note: These are just "templates" (but not) the companies featured within do not exsist.

The first one (and my favourite):
    http://www.tycooneden.com/golf
    and
    http://www.tycooneden.com/hosting

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    The two major improvements I can see are the use of Times New Roman (in a word: "don't") and the colour schemes.

The colours may be mathematically complementary, but they're rather hard on the eyes (particularly the header of that hosting company banner). They just don't work together.

And any site that uses Times New Roman anywhere is one I won't bother to visit, because it implies that the web designer/design team was too lazy to find another font.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Ok,

The TNR font is now gone, as is the courier New...

I have done several graphics,

http://www.tycooneden.com/hosting/index.php (maybe updated, depends when you saw it last)
    http://www.tycooneden.com/hosting/index2.php
    http://www.tycooneden.com/hosting/index3.php

The Golf one is the same as I don't think you mentioned anything?

Member #
    The first of the last versions (hosting) is better, but get rid of the white sections. Make the banner itself shorter, as it is a little large at the moment on a lower resolution.

Regarding the Golf page, it is nice, but it needs a proper banner and logo, as well as a less visually imposing background image (fade it a little?).

Also change the body text to black and remove the TNR from the navigation. Verdana or Arial for the body and nav font.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Out of the three hosting designs you posted above, I like the gray they best, but I dont like it that much. The computer is black and the woman is wearing a black suit, so everything is really dark at the top of the page, not to mention the text is very difficult to read. For color scheme help, check the link in my signature.

Member #
    The first of the last versions (hosting) is better, but get rid of the white sections. Make the banner itself shorter, as it is a little large at the moment on a lower resolution.
    Would that be index.php?

Also, I quite the like the purple/aqua idea in the banner, do you?

Member #

Member #
    Change the clothes the woman is wearing, she looks computer generated, and anti-aliase your text!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Ouch. Don't like your color schemes. Try the link in my signature.

Member #
    Which part. part of the colour scheme? Can you be specific?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads