Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Is better

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok i have 2 designs so far,tell me what you like better and think is more professional.The light colored one is not finished and the dark one is pretty close to being finished.
    http://www.amdgurus.com/test/
    http://www.1080designs.com/Random/amdgurus.htm

Member #
    I like the lighter one. I'm not at all keen on many dark designs these day inless it is needed because of the site's topic, in this case it is not. The dark design is to much like everything else everyone does these days. That stle I see everyday, at first I liked it but now I just deteste them because they aren't that unique anymore. The cleaner one is better because it is lighter. You need a nice banner to finish it off well and maybe a decent menu.

With a nice banner and some nice navigation of some sort that will be far superior in my opinion. But a lot of people will say the opposite to me because many still like the style of the darker clan type look.
    You don't need anything out of this world for your site's topic. I would go with a nice, clean, simple look.

Daniel.

Member #
    aside from being a little too puffy, i like the dark design mor, call me a kill joy but i like it more, gaming systems are not supposed to be bright and happy, but dark and sinister. kill the sun, bring thee rain.

Member #
    The light one is nicer. Follow the tips by Daniel to improve it, I can't think of anything to add myself .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Light.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielOliver
    I like the lighter one. I'm not at all keen on many dark designs these day inless it is needed because of the site's topic, in this case it is not. The dark design is to much like everything else everyone does these days. That stle I see everyday, at first I liked it but now I just deteste them because they aren't that unique anymore. The cleaner one is better because it is lighter. You need a nice banner to finish it off well and maybe a decent menu.

With a nice banner and some nice navigation of some sort that will be far superior in my opinion. But a lot of people will say the opposite to me because many still like the style of the darker clan type look.
    You don't need anything out of this world for your site's topic. I would go with a nice, clean, simple look.

Daniel.
    Thanks for the tips i will let him know!

Member #
    The darker one looks more interesting, but amateurish. The Lighter one looks more professional, but boring. Mind you having said that, remove that dumb copyright statement with something fitting a 'professional' image.

The way I see it, there is no way someone on 8*6 is going to view that site because it's bigger than their screen area, so it'll produce horizontal scroll bars. It's about 150 pixels too wide.

The banner adds have way more prominence than any of your content. The in your face adds have the effect of making the written content subdued in the background as if it were of secondary importance. Knock the font size up abit will reduce this slightly as well as making it easier to read. Use some empty white space around your content to seperate it from the divider edges... 25-30 pixels either side.

Your main image header suffers the same pushed to the back effect as the main content. It's the identity of your site, and it doesn't look anything special, take more time making it stand out and look good.

The reason I've only really only commented on the lighter layout is that it's probably the one best to continue with...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trico
    The darker one looks more interesting, but amateurish.
    im not an amateur buddy, but your entitled to your own opinion....and that was just a sample, I did the layout like that b/c thats what chillin said he wanted when he sent me pages that looked like that (had dark modern themes)....i guess he lied LOL.

good luck with your other layout chillin. :squareeyed:

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The lighter one. It's just cleaner overall. I'm going to assume mouseovers are going to be incorporated, however.

Other than the stuff Daniel pointed out, make sure you check your spelling. "Copywrite" isn't correct; "copyright" is. Gotsta spell-check yaself, 'fore ya wreck yaself, fo' sho'!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I never said you were; but that particular layout is imo. If it's important to you I'll list why... you can choose to ignore it all you want... I offered some honest feed back, its not my problem if you're not open to criticism.

Can you clarify who's actualy making/designing the layout(s) ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads