Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Can a couple of you 'testrun' my website?

What I mean is, can you test for usability, any errors, navigational problems, anything else? I've only got a very small part working, but that'll be the base of the rest, so I have to make sure that's working properly.

If you get an error like,
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the AspIt database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Then please view source, and paste it in this thread. Any other problems or comments, please post them in this thread.

The url is http://www.aspit.net/new/index.asp.

Thanks!

(P.S, the only things working at the moment are Home, Contact Me and Articles)
    K i n g s

Several handy ASP Resources:
    4guysfromrolla | aspin | ASP101 | AspIt | learnasp

Several handy ASP.NET resources:
    ASP.NET | .NET Experts | O'Reilly .NET | AspIt | 4guysfromrolla

Several paid ASP/ASP.NET webhosts:
    Brinkster | Maximum ASP | Clicktech | Nodehosting | Uplinkearth | Webhost4life

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    <html><head><title>AspIt Database Error</title><style>P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}</style><body>

<!-- Database error in AspIt:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO [stats] (ipaddress, userid, allraw, [language], page, datetimeline, useragent, cookie, sessionid, country, loadtime) VALUES ('68.54.85.254', 2, 'Accept: */*
    Accept-Language: en-us
    Connection: close
    Host: www.aspit.net
    Referer: http://www.webdesignforums.net/thread5096.html
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    ', 'en-us', '/new/index.asp?', 54217053, 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)', '', 399031049, 'N/A', 0.671875)
    Access Error: Field 'stats.cookie' cannot be a zero-length string.

Access error number: -2147467259

Date: 17:33 31/01/2003
    Script: /new/index.asp
    Referer:
    -->
    <blockquote><p>&nbsp;</p><p><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the AspIt database.</b><br>
    Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;" >refresh</a> button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:kings@aspit.net">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote></body></head></html>

Porting vB to ASP are we?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Porting vB to ASP are we?
    Thanks, that error should be fixed now.

I'm not (yet) porting vB to ASP, but instead I'm only using their database error message. Soon I will probably make an attempt at porting vB (probably a 2.2.x version) to ASP. Shouldn't be too hard, should it?
    K i n g s

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Added On 25/01/2003 - First news article

This is just a general test of the first news article of AspIt.

A tag test:
    bold
    italic
    underline
    http://www.simpleurl.com
    Advanced URL tag
    Written By Dennis Pallett
    That's what I saw.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    SELECT usergroup.canviewarticle, usergroup.canaddarticle, usergroup.caneditownarticle, usergroup.caneditarticle, usergroup.candeleteownarticle, usergroup.candeletearticle, usergroup.moderatearticle, usergroup.canviewfaq, usergroup.canaddfaq, usergroup.caneditownfaq, usergroup.caneditfaq, usergroup.candeleteownfaq, usergroup.candeletefaq, usergroup.moderatefaq, usergroup.canviewcode, usergroup.canaddcode, usergroup.caneditowncode, usergroup.caneditcode, usergroup.candeleteowncode, usergroup.candeletecode, usergroup.moderatecode, usergroup.canviewtutorial, usergroup.canaddtutorial, usergroup.caneditowntutorial, usergroup.canedittutorial, usergroup.candeleteowntutorial, usergroup.candeletetutorial, usergroup.moderatetutorial, usergroup.canviewlink, usergroup.canaddlink, usergroup.caneditownlink, usergroup.caneditlink, usergroup.candeleteownlink, usergroup.candeletelink, usergroup.moderatelink, usergroup.canratelink, usergroup.canviewapp, usergroup.canaddapp, usergroup.caneditownapp, usergroup.caneditapp, usergroup.candeleteownapp, usergroup.candeleteapp, usergroup.moderateapp, usergroup.canviewaspit, usergroup.canadduser, usergroup.caneditownuser, usergroup.canedituser, usergroup.candeleteownuser, usergroup.candeleteuser, usergroup.canaddusergroup, usergroup.caneditusergroup, usergroup.candeleteusergroup, usergroup.canviewadminlog, usergroup.canclearadminlog, usergroup.isadmin, usergroup.canseeadmin FROM [usergroup] WHERE usergroupid = 2
    Isn't that a bit redundant!?

Member #
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Isn't that a bit redundant!?
    Any suggestions on how to improve it? I really do need all those permission values...
    K i n g s

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I mean the usergroup.* everywhere. Since you already say it's from the usergroup table why do you have to have the redudancy for the column names?

Or maybe that's just how MS SQL works...?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    filburt's right. The table doesn't need to be included if it's only one table.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yeah, you're right. Those fields originally came from a JOIN query, so I had to define the table. I removed the JOIN query, and used those fields and just forgot to remove the table.

Thanks for letting me know
    K i n g s

Member #
    The FAQ link doesn't work (http://www.aspit.net/new/faq.asp). The search link doesn't work too (http://www.aspit.net/new/misc.asp?action=showsearch)

What is all that on the bottom of the site.

Queries used: 7

Queries:

SELECT user.username, user.usergroupid, user.email, user.name, user.surname, user.website FROM [user] WHERE userid = 2 AND password = 'Guest';

SELECT canviewarticle, canaddarticle, caneditownarticle, caneditarticle, candeleteownarticle, candeletearticle, moderatearticle, canviewfaq, canaddfaq, caneditownfaq, caneditfaq, candeleteownfaq, candeletefaq, moderatefaq, canviewcode, canaddcode, caneditowncode, caneditcode, candeleteowncode, candeletecode, moderatecode, canviewtutorial, canaddtutorial, caneditowntutorial, canedittutorial, candeleteowntutorial, candeletetutorial, moderatetutorial, canviewlink, canaddlink, caneditownlink, caneditlink, candeleteownlink, candeletelink, moderatelink, canratelink, canviewapp, canaddapp, caneditownapp, caneditapp, candeleteownapp, candeleteapp, moderateapp, canviewaspit, canadduser, caneditownuser, canedituser, candeleteownuser, candeleteuser, canaddusergroup, caneditusergroup, candeleteusergroup, canviewadminlog, canclearadminlog, isadmin, canseeadmin FROM [usergroup] WHERE usergroupid = 2

SELECT templatesetid, title FROM [templateset]

SELECT title, template FROM template WHERE templatesetid = 5 And (LCase(title) = '' Or LCase(title) = 'header' Or LCase(title) = 'footer' Or LCase(title) = 'top_menu' Or LCase(title) = 'right_menu' Or LCase(title) = 'contents_start' Or LCase(title) = 'contents_end' Or LCase(title) = 'link_header' Or LCase(title) = 'link_list_item' Or LCase(title) = 'link_footer')

SELECT title, author, datetimeline, description, linkid, url FROM [link] WHERE visible = 1 AND moderation = 2 ORDER by datetimeline DESC

SELECT tag, twooptions, replacement FROM [ccode] ORDER BY twooptions DESC

INSERT INTO [stats] (ipaddress, userid, allraw, [language], page, datetimeline, useragent, cookie, refer, sessionid, country, loadtime) VALUES ('63.64.215.48', 2, 'Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/msword, */* Accept-Language: en-us Connection: close Host: www.aspit.net Referer: http://www.aspit.net/new/application.asp User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) Cookie: server=1; ASPSESSIONIDAQSAQBSD=JLHBIKGDJGNOILAPCKDGNFFO Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate ', 'en-us', '/new/link.asp?', 54221280, 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)', 'server=1; ASPSESSIONIDAQSAQBSD=JLHBIKGDJGNOILAPCKDGNFFO', 'http://www.aspit.net/new/application.asp', 916985908, 'N/A', 4.640625)

Page loaded in 4.640625 seconds!
    Peace :beard:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads