Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Guys,
    I'm still very new to web design. I understand the basic concept of CSS and div tags but there are still a lot to things that make me scratch my head. I wrote an article on my Wordpress blog with lots of pictures.
    Some of my pictures are very tall, while the corresponding text is very short. I've been trying to match the text to the text box with no luck. Wordpress keeps scrunching the text so it is more together. The problem is now my text does not line up with the picture.
    I tried using div tags in the HTML editor, but I don't know enough about how to do it to keep the other text from creeping back up to the picture above it. Does anyone know a good way to text short text next to tall pictures while separating the text below it to its own picture? Please help!!!

Guybrush

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Can you show us an example from your WP page?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    There are 2 ways to fix this:

1. Re-size the images in the post itself (its wysiwyg editor)
    2. There is a way you can make it so that NO images will show up on the front page (assuming this is where you're having problems) but you'll have to tweek the php in your theme a bit... Something about the_preview('', addsomethinghere) or something like that... I'll have to research that.
    3. The easyiest way is to add the "break" function in the editor to your post BEFORE the image =)
    Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    W3C Standards Complaint and SEO Friendly
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Remove Ads