Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    I am currently starting to use wordpress Arras Theme but actually this question applies to similar situations for other themes. The website is http://www.robothaber.com

There you can see the big slot for a picture for the latest news, and then the smaller areas for pictures again for the rest of the news. Right now they are black. They reamined black however even if I loaded a picture to some of those news entries. My question is:

1-Why those pictures I uploaded to each post do not show in those slots.
    2- The pictures I upload dont necessarily match the size of those slots there. So how is it going to work? Plus these slots are rectangle but pictures I upload might be square. This applies to other themes where they have slots for pictures or videos but the picture I upload will not match those size most of the time. So how does it work?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ketanco
    Hello,
    I am currently starting to use wordpress Arras Theme but actually this question applies to similar situations for other themes. The website is http://www.robothaber.com

There you can see the big slot for a picture for the latest news, and then the smaller areas for pictures again for the rest of the news. Right now they are black. They reamined black however even if I loaded a picture to some of those news entries. My question is:

1-Why those pictures I uploaded to each post do not show in those slots.
    2- The pictures I upload dont necessarily match the size of those slots there. So how is it going to work? Plus these slots are rectangle but pictures I upload might be square. This applies to other themes where they have slots for pictures or videos but the picture I upload will not match those size most of the time. So how does it work?
    If I'm not mistaken Arrias is using the new feature added to wordpress called "thumnail_support". Basically look in your post edit page, to the right blocks on the bottom you should see "Post Image" or something like that. Here is what it looks like on my site:

Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    W3C Standards Complaint and SEO Friendly
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Remove Ads