Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, Im trying to help a set of people called 'reaching more people' to promote unsigned artists and musicians by updating and managing their blog.

Im having a problem with comments - if you go to http://reachingmorepeople.co.uk and try to post a comment, youll see what i mean.

After hitting submit comment I get the following url in my address bar:
    http://reachingmorepeople.co.uk/wp-comments-post.php

but the screen is blank. no sent notification or anything. and i have to manually navigate myself back to the blog by typing in the blog url again or clicking my browsers back/history buttons.

Im trying to figure out the source of this problem and how i can get around it.

Wordpress was already installed when i 'got there', so it may be server settings or the way in which wordpress was installed. I installed the particular theme myself, i would not logically assume it was something wrong with the theme itself as wp-comments-post.php is not within the theme files, but am not sure. I also have quite a few plugins installed mostly to help SEO, but i have the latest version of wordpress, and did check the best i could that all plugins were compatible.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or any ideas on what the cause of this might be?

I havent much knowledge of php so am a bit lost here.

Thanks for your time people

Emma

Banned
    Member #
    Try re-copying that file from WP installation.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay.. ill give that a go. Thanks, ill let you know what happens!

Emma

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would reinstall wordpress.

Is it a cpanel installation? (fantastico)

Rich

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The server people installed wordpress this time actually, it may have been thru fantastico/cpanel however i got there after it was all done! Im not sure. I will ask them to reinstall anyway.. do you think upgrading to wordpress 2.9 is a good idea? Heard mixed reviews.

Emma

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I would stay on top of the latest wordpress "RELEASE"s (not betas). I haven't seen a real "bugged" release yet. We're pretty much on top of all of the bugs before we are releasing any kind of new code. Before each release the code has to pass through many "check-points" and one is the beta testers. Every aspect of the code is bug free, and then we get our little hacker minions to run attacks on the software. We don't generally enforce protection where plugins help (like CAPTCHAs) but if there is SQL exploits or weak code, its not released until its fixed.

Actually not upgrading to the latest WordPress release puts your blog at greater risk of attack and lack of functionality. So again, stay on top of those upgrades
    Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    W3C Standards Complaint and SEO Friendly
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Remove Ads