Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey.
    I'm building a graphics portfolio with wordpress, and I'm looking for a way to show all my posts as thumbnails in a page, so that when you click on a thumbnail, it takes you to the post.
    Anybody knows of a plugin or method that would do the trick? Thanks in advance

//David Larsen

Member #
    I think following article should helpGiving each WordPress post a thumbnail
    You may have to modify code a little bit.

Hope this helps.
    Find Reliable Website Hosting providers - compare good web hosting companies.
    Developer links and tutorials - Web design and programming related social bookmarking

Member #
    Thanks! It looks like what i was looking for, however don't know anything about php, so i wouldn't know what to look for and how to change it :-/. What were you referring to specifically?

Member #
    Hey Nithel:

You can also install following wordpress plugin. You can avoid coding to certain extend:
    http://www.alakhnor.com/post-thumb/

Best!
    Find Reliable Website Hosting providers - compare good web hosting companies.
    Developer links and tutorials - Web design and programming related social bookmarking

Member #
    Well, I'm not interested in generating the thumbnails, I want to show them off in a gallery with a link back to the post. From what i can see, that's the only thing Post Thumbs is not very good at. Even if i did want to generate the thumbnails automatically, it woulden't work since I'm using a flash slideshow to show them in the posts. I was hoping for something as simple as adding the path to the image to a custom field or something.
    Thanks anyways, but it didn't do the trick :ichatermm.'

Edit:

Is Post-Thumb supposed to be able to make a gallery from it's thumbnails? I can't even make it generate OR show a single thumbnail...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nithel
    Hey.
    I'm building a graphics portfolio with wordpress, and I'm looking for a way to show all my posts as thumbnails in a page, so that when you click on a thumbnail, it takes you to the post.
    Anybody knows of a plugin or method that would do the trick? Thanks in advance

//David Larsen
    Hey, if you dont know how/dont have time to code and just wanted a prebuilt solution, you could try this:
    http://www.press75.com/ <-search for folio elements theme.

Its not exactly thumbnails dotted around a page but i was looking for same thing you were and this did me fine

Remove Ads