Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    When I create a site without a CMS I can quite easily store products in a database and have those products display on a certain page and when clicked bring up a new page with info and pricing which is also pulled from the database bla bla you get the idea.
    I can also do this within wordpress but the problem is this... how the heck do I build it so my clients can add new products and also add new profiles for each product. I wouldn't know where to start.
    If it was just for myself I would just add each new product to the database and store the image somewhere... how do I make this all pretty and easy for the client. Is there some kind of template I can set up and if so, how do I achieve this without creating hundreds of different pages for different products?
    If anyone out there can explain the most efficient method to achieve this I will be thankful.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'd use wp-ecommerce or wp-cart for that, there is no need in trying to re-do something someone has already built for you.

But if you're wanting to go about it the hard way, just create a function like:

Code:
    function cartFrontEndDisplay()
       {
       echo('Some HTML and Stuff');
       {
    // then hook it
    wp_filter('[myshop]', 'cartFrontEndDisplay');
    Inside the function you created you can have any php code you want there, and make it do anything you want. On any page that you type "[myshop]" on it will display that function.
    Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    W3C Standards Complaint and SEO Friendly
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Remove Ads