Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    okay.. well i asked, and they said:

I made the requested changes, however, it should be noted that www and data are neither valid users nor groups. By these settings i believed you meant 'the apache user' and 'the user who owns the file'. The permissions on this file are currently set to

[root@server public_html]# ls -lah |grep wp-content
    drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody ziggiville 4.0K Apr 8 14:16 wp-content

Let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.
    ...Nothing has changed and i havent a clue what else to ask them to do haha..the plugin settings still are not appearing. When the plugin directs me to chmod the wp-content folder to 755, does it mean the wp-content folder and all its subdirectories too? Saying that.. i have done exactly the same process on my other blog to install it..and it worked fine there, same version everything.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, i just thought id say everything i know about this issue - observations and results from things ive tried so far:

full details on whats going on:

The problem is 2 missing links in the settings bar within the admin section of wordpress. The 2 settings pages are called Config Editor and Playlist Editor. The plugin is at se x ywp.com/fmp

The plugin's settings appear correctly on my dummy blog, using the same theme and the same version of wordpress. on the blog im trying to use it on (ziggiville.co.uk) there are no links to these settings pages in my settings bar for it after i install it using the same procedure as with the dummy blog.

I looked at the file permissions for my dummy blog, and for the actual blog im trying to use this plugin on. the dummy blog's file permissions were:

wp-content: 755
    wp-content/plugins: 707
    wp-content/plugins/flash-mp3-player: 707

whilst the actual blogs file permissions were:

wp-content: 755
    wp-content/plugins: 755
    wp-content/plugins/flash-mp3-player: 755

so, i tried to change the file permissions of my actual blog to the same as my dummy blog. got lots of errors on my wordpress plugins page for my actual blog (plugin has been deactivated due to an error). the plugins page works fine on my dummy blog.

anyhow, i quickly changed the file permissions back.

The settings pages that are working on my dummy blog, that i need to get to in order to use the plugin on my actual blog, contains options for "create a new config", "choose config file" (lists .xml files) and then some options about the functionality of the player. There is Config Editor and Playlist editor.

I also tried to put the flash mp3 player plugin settings url (obtained from clicking FMP:Config Editor on the dummy blog), into my address bar but replacing the dummy blog domain name with ziggiville domain name, like so:

dummy blog url that displays the config settings page for the plugin : http://ameliealden.com/wp-admin/opti..._config_editor

ziggi blog url i tried out to see if it was accessible: http://www.ziggiville.co.uk/wp-admin..._config_editor

I got a blank wordpress styled page that simply says: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

The plugin specifically requires wp-content to be permission 755.

I saw a folder it looks like the plugin has created on my dummy blog - in wp-content, called fmp-jw-files. there is no file like this on my actual blog.

hopefully this may make it easier to guess the problem.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    (gave up and found a new player.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads