Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I would like to add a plugin to my blog at www.waikoloavacationrentals.com/big-island-info that would allow people to get email notifications every time a new post is posted if they desire. What plugin do you use? Thanks!
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by waikoloavrm
    I would like to add a plugin to my blog at www.waikoloavacationrentals.com/big-island-info that would allow people to get email notifications every time a new post is posted if they desire. What plugin do you use? Thanks!
    Email = BAD he he especially when the user says they don't want the emails any more, then it becomes unsolicited. Thus, I don't email folks, I simply let them subscribe to a RSS feed on the site as many other sites have, but I also have iGoogle widgets, and a Windows Side-Bar widget that my users can use instead of spamming them every time a post is made.
    Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    W3C Standards Complaint and SEO Friendly
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Member #
    Well, I do not want to spam them, but I just want a way where if they choose they can get the posts to their email from my blog.
    If I am not mistaken, RSS feeds would post my info on their site, which most of the people do not have sites.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'd recommend using a Google Feed-Burner plug-in then. They can subscribe through Google, so let them be the evil ones >=) he he.
    Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Member #
    So is there not something on my blog that they could just put their email in and click a button like subscribe and then they can get my posts? I am not trying to spam people. If they wanted to be taken off the list I would. I am just trying to make it easy on them so that they do it if they want.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes, the plugin would submit the email to Google and automatically subscribe them to your feed on Feed-Burner. Seems to be the best option because, you don't have to worry about email management -- let Google do that for ya =).
    Lead Web Designer
    MLW & Associates, LLP.
    Admin of Vraul
    WordPress.org Developer

Remove Ads