Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I had someone make a wordpress theme for me and there were a couple of problems and I have been waiting......and waiting for them to fix them so I just figured I would see if anyone here had any quick solutions.

I tested the theme on one of my blogs, www.koleahi.com. My first question is how do you set it up to where any user can change the text in the header? Second, view the post http://www.koleahi.com/kolea-14m/. How do you make it to where the photos align correctly? They were correct in another theme prior to changing to this one.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    I don't know about it,too.I just want to know the key.Please give me a hand who understand it.

Member #
    I too need to go through a quick research to have some info about this.

Member #
    Can you be more specific on exactly what you want the user to be able to do in the header - do you want them to enter their own text, or to be able to choose between certain header options?

Regarding your images, the images that are supposed to be floating "right" aren't doing that because you have conflicting CSS commands that are making all your images float left:

.alignright {
    float: right;
    }

.post img {
    float: left; <--TRY REMOVING THIS
    padding:2px;
    border:1px solid #CCCCCC;
    margin-right:15px;
    margin-left:5px;
    }

If all your post images are in an alignment class (which they appear to be, at a quick glance), then it seems unnecessary to have a float property in your .post img class anyway.

Member #
    zubilee,
    Thanks for the input. I removed that line of code, but it still seems to be doing the same thing.

For the header, I want them to be able to change any of that text within the header. If you check out the theme at www.condosinfocenter.com the top text which says Condo information and condo rentals vs. hotels is adjustable within the theme.
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Did you put the "float: left;" back in the CSS after you tried removing it? Because it's still there, and when I "remove" it using Firefox's CSS Developer Toolbar, the .alignright images move all the way to the right.

Also, if I were you, I would remove everything under the ".post img" except the border property, because the additional margins/padding that are currently listed there are redundant and are being added to the margin/padding in the .alignleft and .alignright. Just makes your CSS more complicated than it needs to be to have them handled by two separate classes.

I looked at condosinfocenter.com but I don't see where the header text is adjustable. It always says the same thing: Condo information and condo rentals vs. hotels. What does the user have to do on that site to change the text?

Remove Ads