Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Move blog

Member #
    what is the easy way to move wordpress blog from one server to another with out the loss of any data
    ? RISSADUM Web Hosting
    ? Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Domain Name Registration | Domain Reseller
    ? Follow us on Twitter @ Rissadum | on Facebook

Ken
    Member #
    The way I've done it is to go to Tools/Export. You can change the filters to whatever you want. Then just click the "Download Export File" button at the bottom. Switch to your new blog, go to Tools/Import. On this page, you will want to click on the bottom choice, which is Wordpress. If you need the importer plugin, it will install from there. If not, it will tell you. On the Import page, you just upload your file that was created when exporting, and you are done. I did have to upload any graphics and re-insert them, and re-apply the theme, otherwise everything else is there.

Member #
    in this way, it is required to transfer mysql database?
    ? RISSADUM Web Hosting
    ? Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Domain Name Registration | Domain Reseller

Ken
    Member #
    The data from your old blog is placed in the new blog's database. I forgot to mention that I had to re-install any plugins, but that's no problem. I just made a list of what I had before making the change. I had to move a Wordpress site to a new host, and it worked very well. Like I mentioned, I did have to upload any graphics or .pdf files, etc. into the media library, and apply the theme again, othewise all went well.

Member #
    means i just upload, pictures and other documents and made the list of plugin install before transfer of a blog?
    ? RISSADUM Web Hosting

Ken
    Member #
    Yes, that is correct.

Member #
    thanks for your help
    ? RISSADUM Web Hosting

Member #
    i moved the blog and it is easy to move
    ? RISSADUM Web Hosting

Remove Ads