Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I might use the ones suggested from Wordpress.org however I was wondering if you knew of others that only require a flat fee for about a year.

We can't do anything monthly.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Use a cheap webhost like CleverDot.com - $9.95 Domain Name Registration, $39.95 Yearly Web Hosting & Domain Registration - The Clever Choice

You pay a one-time fee of about $40 for 1 year of hosting plus your own domain name.

You then use their control panel to install WP with a few clicks of the mouse.
    It will automatically install it for you in your website. You will then pick and choose
    a template to install. It's a regular web-hosting account, so you use FTP to access
    files, customize, upload, etc. ... basically, you are getting your own website for $40
    with no banner ads, etc.

Member #
    Hostgator is prety good.

They have a couple issues if your template uses timthum.php but most templates do not use that.

Member #
    I personally use Hostmonster. But I have heard a lot of good things about BlueHost - both seem to have identical Control Panels (as well as HostGator).

I would choose one of those 3 that best fits your needs. You can not go wrong choosing one from Wordpress.org. Plus, if you purchase a host plan using their links they will make an affiliate commission from your purchase...A good way to give back to WordPress.

Member #
    I like http://www.bluehost.com. it recommend by the wordpress.

Member #
    @kevin shu

You probably shouldn't be using affiliate links in your replies - especially when you are not providing any real value in the thread besides marketing your affiliate products. :thumbsdown:

Not to mention you are a new member. I suggest you take it easy so you do not get banned.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Agreed. Affiliate link removed. The OP already knows about them since he mentioned WP's recommendations in his starting post.

Recommended Wordpress Hosting from Wordpress.org for those curious as to what WP recommends.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I use hostmonster and love them

Member #
    Ive worked with many hosts in the past most of which have already been mentioned here. I will quickly give my opinion of a few of them. Host gator is okay however ive found their servers to be somewhat on the slowish side. Bluehost isn't bad however lately ive found their customer support to be somewhat lacking and there has been a recent increase of down time however that said they are still a fairly good choice one that i still host a few sites with, and you gotta love cpanel. One host I would steer clear of? GoDaddy, their control panel is very convoluted in design and really their customer service isnt the greatest either. If you PM me I can offer a few other suggestions. However of those mentioned BlueHost would be my choice.

Member #
    I've used DreamHost for over two years now and have not had a single inturption or hicup with them regarding the service or support nor have i had any issues with the hosting of my site. Price wise they are pretty competitive and fair as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads