Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,
    I'm a newcomer.

For the past three years I've been managing a prototyping agency's website and for some reason, since I have messed with the permalink settings for a plug-in that ended up not working; my blog category links beneath my navigation bar don't direct to the entries, I keep getting 404 errors.

I'm feeling nervous and anxious, just because I have no idea how to fix this. Can anyone be of assistance?

I really appreciate your kindness and time.

Rapid Prototyping Services Miami Florida | WB Engineering

Member #
    Hey WB, Did the plugin change your .htaccess file in your wordpress directory? Have you deactivated the plugin in the Wordpress Control panel? Take a peek at those things for starters.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yes if it is the first time you have done this, when you initialize a rewrite of your urls through a plugin it will show you some code you have to put in your .htaccess file in the blog root directory. I have made the same mistake on multiple platforms and it always takse a sec to figure out. The code it gives you when you activate the plugin is real easy to overlook.

Member #
    I deactivated the plug-in, although this plug-in was installed a long while back. I remember doing something to the extent of messing with a htcaccess file and the permalink settings, man I'm an idiot! I should have known!

I am in the process of changing positions within this company and need to have everything finalized by Thursday. Is there any chance anyone can help me one on one privately?

I really appreciate the kindness and time.

Remove Ads