Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    It's been stated before in this thread, WordPress is a very good CMS, however plugins for an ecommerce side are vary rare (as far as good quality) to find. I did however have some luck with this paid plugin i found, WordPress eStore Plugin - Complete solution to sell digital products from your wordpress blog securely | Tips and Tricks ... It might not be the best solution for an ecommerce site, but it may help you in your process of setting up your WordPress site as an ecommerce site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    With the right plugins WordPress can be anything you want it to be, thats my opinion.

But when you need an advanced ecommerce website, you should use a system that is build for it. Anything like: Magento, Oscommerce or OpenCart.

There are many many systems for ecommerce, just use the one that fits your needs the best.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wordpress comes with good plugins, if you want to build a eCommerce website. But if you are looking for advanced features eCommerce website then preferring to go for Joomla/Virtuemart would be fine.
    Hosting On Web - A web hosting company.

Member #
    Saw the mention of osCommerce in a thread aboput WordPress eCommerce and had to jump in.

My guys and I just finished a custom WordPress plugin that install a full eCommerce system into any WP theme.

Wont post URL obviously but it can be found on WordPress site and also Google under WP Online Store.

Would love other webmasters feedback on it.

Cheers
    Garf90

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have recently bought the Tribulant Shopping Cart Plug-in. It costs $50 for a single liscence and once I had tried it out, I got the unlimited liscence with refund for the original purchase. I chose this plug-in because I wanted to be able to have an easy way of useing independant gateways. Most free plug-ins like eshop and wp-cart use paypal or google checkout only. The plugin I bought was affordable and it can use authorize.net, firstdata and at least 7 other gateway providers. I liked that you can use a grid view for products too. I have just started with a German E-commerce site and the plug-in has several languages already inlcuded.

I tried Joomla, Zen-cart and oscommerce briefly before. My thought is- if it is confusing to me how is a customer going to work it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads