Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Feeds

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    finally got a look at the setup for a new client. it's WP. what is the best way to work a feed. right now they have a newsletter thrue another company and a blog on their wp site. in my opinion they should be combined into the wp blog but before pitching this i need to figure out the best way to provide a feed. the page doesn't seem to provide xml but i coulda swor wp had an easy way to do this. never used wp so any help would be rock'n.

Edit: it looks to me that the feed is available because there are feed settings in the cp. i checked some tutorials and tried the common links to the feed but none of them work. i also did not find any way to subscribe to feeds by email for wp sites. this would also be helpful info. actual info or links to info are all very welcome. thx much.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    what is the best way to work a feed
    Hi Dorky, as you say wp sites normally utilise rss feeds for each post. Are you just trying to aggregate feeds? If so, take a look at webbots, spiders, and screenscrapers website. Usual word of warning though, be careful not to infringe on copyright.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    well, not exactly what i need. i'm not doing what i think is implied by your post. i was more interested in mainstream ways to syndicate a clients wp site. i use feedburner for my site but i want my method for this client to be inline with wp. thx for the reply at any rate.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky View Post
    well, not exactly what i need. i'm not doing what i think is implied by your post. i was more interested in mainstream ways to syndicate a clients wp site. i use feedburner for my site but i want my method for this client to be inline with wp. thx for the reply at any rate.
    In that case you will probably find exactly the sort of help you need at the wordpress site. Or have you tried that already?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i checked some tutorials and tried the common links to the feed but none of them work.
    yeah. did. i revisited tho by your link and i still only see the same. i tried the customary links for a wp feed but nothing there.

any idea where to find the output url in the wp control panel? still learning to navigate it.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    nvmnd. i'm a dunce. it forgot to address the url to the subfolder it is being held in. thx for the help.

Member #
    No probs. Wp is excellent, loads of plug-ins available and growing all the time.
    Interface takes a little getting used to but I love it.

Have fun

Remove Ads